Google Stadia it a overhyped piece of trash!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Google Stadia it a overhyped piece of trash!

Postby Sonicx9 » August 19th, 2019, 1:35 pm

I watched the recent Stadia Connect today and was not impressed at all. In fact the only exclusive they announced is Orcs Must Die! 3 which I have never played anything in that series so that game means nothing for me. And the rest was just multi console games on everything including Switch depending on the titles. Is this thing going to be Ouya 2.0 or a success, only time will tell, but so far no thanks.
Last edited by Sonicx9 on August 27th, 2019, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlasteroidAli

Re: sold on Google Stadia

Postby BlasteroidAli » August 26th, 2019, 6:12 pm

It looks awesome. You can play amazing games on your mobile. You can play them on your chromebook and you can play them on your TV. 4K available.
I am getting one.
The Ouya had 5 million behind it. It was based on mobile games. It has a couple of exclusives going for it and they all looked like bad nintendo games from the N64 era.

The Stadia has google behind it, Googles net worth is £100 Billion? More? Even if they put a £100 million that would be 20 times the entire capital budget on the Ouya.

DrLitch

Re: Still not sold on Google Stadia

Postby DrLitch » August 26th, 2019, 8:50 pm

If they can stream content with minimal lag then all console and GPU manufacturers are going to sweat. Google, the mightly corporation, who at will can manipulate data and information for the whole world, can spy and infiltrate our lives in ways unforseen, the company that Sci Fi writers were warning us about, come out with a gaming console where you own nothing other than maybe the controller you get when you subscribe. With their corporate might, with both Sony and Nintendo easily bought out or sold out, the Stadia is going to be the next big thing. Do not believe me, watch this space and see how this story unfolds. The masses will be gravitating to this Stadia platform for their next eSports hit. Myself? I absolutely hate everything about the Stadia in concept and principle. I think I am due new hobbies once Sony and Nintendo jump on board this train or get sold to highest bidder.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 26th, 2019, 9:16 pm

DrLitch wrote:If they can stream content with minimal lag then all console and GPU manufacturers are going to sweat. Google, the mightly corporation, who at will can manipulate data and information for the whole world, can spy and infiltrate our lives in ways unforseen, the company that Sci Fi writers were warning us about, come out with a gaming console where you own nothing other than maybe the controller you get when you subscribe. With their corporate might, with both Sony and Nintendo easily bought out or sold out, the Stadia is going to be the next big thing. Do not believe me, watch this space and see how this story unfolds. The masses will be gravitating to this Stadia platform for their next eSports hit. Myself? I absolutely hate everything about the Stadia in concept and principle. I think I am due new hobbies once Sony and Nintendo jump on board this train or get sold to highest bidder.

I hate Stadia as well, it a overhyped piece of trash.

DrLitch wrote:If they can stream content with minimal lag then all console and GPU manufacturers are going to sweat. Google, the mightly corporation, who at will can manipulate data and information for the whole world, can spy and infiltrate our lives in ways unforseen, the company that Sci Fi writers were warning us about, come out with a gaming console where you own nothing other than maybe the controller you get when you subscribe. With their corporate might, with both Sony and Nintendo easily bought out or sold out, the Stadia is going to be the next big thing. Do not believe me, watch this space and see how this story unfolds. The masses will be gravitating to this Stadia platform for their next eSports hit. Myself? I absolutely hate everything about the Stadia in concept and principle. I think I am due new hobbies once Sony and Nintendo jump on board this train or get sold to highest bidder.

Hope you enjoy your piece of trash Stadia experience you are going to love to hate it.

Voor

Postby Voor » August 27th, 2019, 2:27 am

Ouch, maybe wait until it’s actually released before calling something “trash”.....

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 27th, 2019, 9:47 am

Voor wrote:Ouch, maybe wait until it’s actually released before calling something “trash”.....

I know I am judging Google Stadia negatively, but I was burned by the Ouya, not by owning it, but playing it at IndieCade conventions and not being impressed at all. It just between the negative rep Stadia is getting by people like the critic himself, and YouTubers like RGT 85, Dreamcast Guy, etc. Combined with the fact that almost no exclusive apart from minor non system seller games has me very worried for the console/service that Google is overhyping as the next best thing, only to be a disappointment.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » August 27th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Also, subject line is misleading. “Still not sold on Google Stadia” implies that you have at least a modicum of objectivity towards Stadia. Maybe what you stated later, “I hate Stadia (as well), it a overhyped piece of trash” would have been a more appropriate subject line.

Voor

Postby Voor » August 27th, 2019, 2:15 pm

Give it a fair shake. Sounds like you’re against a streaming only machine, and that’s fine, but a lot of people think that is the future, and there’s a chance that Google pulls it off reasonably well.

Also, I don’t think lack of exclusives is a big deal at all. I personally never care about that.

Sonicx9

Re: Google Stadia it a overhyped piece of trash!

Postby Sonicx9 » August 27th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Gleebergloben123 wrote:Also, subject line is misleading. “Still not sold on Google Stadia” implies that you have at least a modicum of objectivity towards Stadia. Maybe what you stated later, “I hate Stadia (as well), it a overhyped piece of trash” would have been a more appropriate subject line.

Fixed it.

Voor wrote:Give it a fair shake. Sounds like you’re against a streaming only machine, and that’s fine, but a lot of people think that is the future, and there’s a chance that Google pulls it off reasonably well.

Also, I don’t think lack of exclusives is a big deal at all. I personally never care about that.

If I am proven wrong I am changing my toon, but right now not impressed so far.

Return to “Modern Gaming”