Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
MSR1701

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby MSR1701 » November 24th, 2021, 6:02 am

ASalvaro wrote:the Amico has started production!

"the entire team at Intellivision is excited to announce that we've completed our pre-production and started our formal production of Amico consoles - we are focusing on our initial launch units that will ship to our first customers as soon as possible! We hope to have more accurate shipping information by the end of the year."

Not being sarcastic, with the ever-changing production/logistical nightmare that we are in, it will not be easy to meet any set dates that they plan. From my work alone, we had a shipment that shipped in the summer just now hitting the port, nevermind getting booked to deliver to our warehouse/manufacturing for processing. :(

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 24th, 2021, 7:20 pm

I'm quite confused. Battle Tanks was supposed to be a launch title to my recollection. If the ONLY reason the Amico got delayed was just a chip shortage, why is the game still using stolen assets (yes, stolen) over a year AFTER the original release date? Not to mention that the Battle Tanks video was delisted multiple times because people figured this out. It's very concerning.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » November 25th, 2021, 6:12 pm

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 26th, 2021, 8:46 am

No stolen assets, so already an improvement over last week. Definitely looks like one of the best Amico games so far. I don't like the art style but that's never made or broken a game for me. When it gets ported to another system I'd be willing to give it a go for the right price.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 27th, 2021, 9:25 pm

I predict it is going to be barely a ripple. This whole covid bs/plague is killing off couch gaming. That is the real problem here. Us social gamers love to go around to peoples houses. In the middle of plague you cannot do that. Nu variation of Wuhan flu is out from South Africa. This is just what Amico did not need. If it dies out, maybe the console will pick up. If not well Astrosmasher 3 player does not sound much fun solo.

I am hoping for a lot of the old titles to come out that I did not get to play on an Intellivision. That would make me buy it at some point, Dracula, Nova blast being two games, Imagic I know but this is just the type of thing Activision needs to get involved in to keep itself relevant.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 28th, 2021, 6:05 am

(Redacted to prevent a flame war.)
Last edited by Robotrek on November 28th, 2021, 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 28th, 2021, 8:59 am

Robotrek wrote:
BlasteroidAli wrote:I predict it is going to be barely a ripple. This whole covid bs/plague is killing off couch gaming. That is the real problem here. Us social gamers love to go around to peoples houses. In the middle of plague you cannot do that. Nu variation of Wuhan flu is out from South Africa. This is just what Amico did not need. If it dies out, maybe the console will pick up. If not well Astrosmasher 3 player does not sound much fun solo.

I think terms like "covid bs" and "Wuhan Flu" are overtly political dogwhistles and probably have no place on this forum. ;)

Not sure what you mean Robo. I am a triple jabbed mask wearing citizen of the UK. Perhaps you would like to explain what you are on about. Dog whistles? You know that we are in the middle of a pandemic. That is what is going to kill the Amico.

Disease discussion. In World of Warcraft the makers decided that they were going to kill off a load of old characters with a plague. It would be a way for culling the herd. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident, it is very interesting and this is entirely what is happening in the real world. As I said Covid BS. We should have beaten it by now but people just want to return to normal when the problem has not gone away.

The purpose of my post is to say that no one is going to play couch co op in the middle of a pandemic and this will probably sink Amico.
Your insinuations Robo have NO place on this forum. It is your paranoia that is the problem.

Let the flame war commence!!!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 28th, 2021, 9:03 am

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 28th, 2021, 9:04 am

I gave a demo of that a try. A must buy when it gets ported.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » November 28th, 2021, 9:18 am

Local coop/gaming is still relevant even in the current climate. See Nintendo Switch for a great example

Return to “Modern Gaming”