Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby ActRaiser » September 20th, 2021, 11:41 am

https://kotaku.com/the-new-gaming-conso ... 1847699027

Here's a pretty good, objective write up on the Amico and Tommy.

Some of this stuff is pretty concerning. The controllers only support 1 MB of memory for all assets. So, we're not going to get much in the way of interactive content on those, which is fine I guess but I was kind of hoping for a more interactive like experience than what we got with the Dreamcast's VMU.

The other thing is that Tommy is taking 50% of all revenue, which is even greedier than Apple. I doubt we'll see a lot of support from 3rd parties on this. But the biggest flag is that the chip is equivalent to a cell phone released in 2016, so not a lot of power there.

Maybe, that's why he's said no 3D world games, the machine can't support it...

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » September 20th, 2021, 4:30 pm

ActRaiser wrote:https://kotaku.com/the-new-gaming-console-thats-become-a-giant-car-crash-1847699027

Some of this stuff is pretty concerning. The controllers only support 1 MB of memory for all assets. So, we're not going to get much in the way of interactive content on those, which is fine I guess but I was kind of hoping for a more interactive like experience than what we got with the Dreamcast's VMU.

The other thing is that Tommy is taking 50% of all revenue, which is even greedier than Apple. I doubt we'll see a lot of support from 3rd parties on this. But the biggest flag is that the chip is equivalent to a cell phone released in 2016, so not a lot of power there.

this part is all you need to know about the authors intentions on this hit piece
"It was also dragged up during all this that Tommy follows many right-wing, white supremacists on Twitter."

sure just because Tommy follows Candace Owens & Ben Shapiro who are NOT white supremacists this author brings it into the mix for NO reason

it's amazing the backlash this man gets..all he wanted to do is make a game console with the Intellivision name on it because he grew up with the Intellivision as a kid and loved it and wanted to make family friendly games that they can play together and also release reimagined Intellivision games that he loved as a kid and he gets all kinds of backlash and death threats despite trying to release a console during an almost 2 year long pandemic...sure he says things that maybe he shouldn't when being attacked but thats the way us Italians are..at least he tells you what he's thinking whether you like it or not and in this world we need more people to stand up for themselves and what they believe in

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 20th, 2021, 5:13 pm

The console still is not out. I think it starts going out to the public next month in batches. Then we will get to see what it is like. Will it be any good? The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. I do however think that if there had not been a pandemic, it would have been out already by a year. We also would be seeing the second batch of games coming out for it.

Is Tommy the anti christ? Probably not. Is he a midget? This is another question that the article is and the comments below it are really interested in. Not sure it has any bearing at all on whether the console will be worth having.

When the console comes out, we can see if it is any good. I still will not care about his politics nor his height. At least he never put out the Mattel Hyperscan. Even the critic has not reviewed that turkey.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 20th, 2021, 5:19 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:The console still is not out. I think it starts going out to the public next month in batches. Then we will get to see what it is like. Will it be any good? The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. I do however think that if there had not been a pandemic, it would have been out already by a year. We also would be seeing the second batch of games coming out for it.

Is Tommy the anti christ? Probably not. Is he a midget? This is another question that the article is and the comments below it are really interested in. Not sure it has any bearing at all on whether the console will be worth having.

When the console comes out, we can see if it is any good. I still will not care about his politics nor his height. At least he never put out the Mattel Hyperscan. Even the critic has not reviewed that turkey.

The what?

noah98

Postby noah98 » September 20th, 2021, 6:00 pm

I already cancelled my preorder. I hope the system turns out to be a really great family machine with some nice Intellivision throwback games. I just didn't want my money tied up any longer with the release date still not being official. I just bought my first real pinball machine and needed the funds.

Tommy seems like he really cares about the product, so I'm sure he will do everything he can to make it a success.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 20th, 2021, 6:32 pm

noah98 wrote:I already cancelled my preorder. I hope the system turns out to be a really great family machine with some nice Intellivision throwback games. I just didn't want my money tied up any longer with the release date still not being official. I just bought my first real pinball machine and needed the funds.

Tommy seems like he really cares about the product, so I'm sure he will do everything he can to make it a success.

I hope it does go over well, always nice to see a system do well.

I would hope that Earthworm Jim IV pops up on Switch or Evercade, even if only a dream

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 20th, 2021, 6:48 pm

MSR1701 wrote:
BlasteroidAli wrote:The console still is not out. I think it starts going out to the public next month in batches. Then we will get to see what it is like. Will it be any good? The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. I do however think that if there had not been a pandemic, it would have been out already by a year. We also would be seeing the second batch of games coming out for it.

The what?

This console was going to take on the ps3!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperScan
and a review by Mr Happy Himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ODebhGtiHs&ab_channel=Cinemassacre

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 20th, 2021, 6:59 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:
MSR1701 wrote:

The what?

This console was going to take on the ps3!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperScan
and a review by Mr Happy Himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ODebhGtiHs&ab_channel=Cinemassacre

Looks like a modern cheap console like the R Zone or Game.com, or Watara Supervision - a cheap alternative, pre Plug n Play/Mini consoles.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » September 20th, 2021, 9:33 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
ActRaiser wrote:https://kotaku.com/the-new-gaming-console-thats-become-a-giant-car-crash-1847699027

this part is all you need to know about the authors intentions on this hit piece
"It was also dragged up during all this that Tommy follows many right-wing, white supremacists on Twitter."

sure just because Tommy follows Candace Owens & Ben Shapiro who are NOT white supremacists this author brings it into the mix for NO reason

it's amazing the backlash this man gets..all he wanted to do is make a game console with the Intellivision name on it because he grew up with the Intellivision as a kid and loved it and wanted to make family friendly games that they can play together and also release reimagined Intellivision games that he loved as a kid and he gets all kinds of backlash and death threats despite trying to release a console during an almost 2 year long pandemic...sure he says things that maybe he shouldn't when being attacked but thats the way us Italians are..at least he tells you what he's thinking whether you like it or not and in this world we need more people to stand up for themselves and what they believe in

Oh, no. Boohoo. This poor video game company CEO. Can't you see his heart is pure and all he wanted to do was make games? :| . Why is everyone a meanie pants? :'(

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 20th, 2021, 10:14 pm

Robotrek wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:

Oh, no. Boohoo. This poor video game company CEO. Can't you see his heart is pure and all he wanted to do was make games? :| . Why is everyone a meanie pants? :'(

..? Is that sarcasm? I honestly am unable to tell.

Return to “Modern Gaming”