Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 28th, 2021, 9:25 am

If you go onto the play store you can play this game via the Amico club. So what does it play like. MP of course. Looks awesome and plays like a dream. If this is how good the Amico is going to be, I will get one.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Intellivision.Amico.ARTShirt1&hl=en_US&gl=US

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 28th, 2021, 9:26 am

MSR1701 wrote:Local coop/gaming is still relevant even in the current climate. See Nintendo Switch for a great example

Okay. Fab. Looking forward to it.

Voor

Postby Voor » November 29th, 2021, 7:42 pm

Yeah, the whole “COVID killed couch gaming” is a weird opinion. People still have siblings that live together, and friends still visit.

Online gaming is remarkable and lots of fun, but couch gaming is still the pinnacle of the experience.

I guess the old boring motto is still true: it’s about the games. Some of them look very underwhelming, but some look like tons of fun in the right environment.

I’m still very reserved, but I am rooting for it.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » November 29th, 2021, 11:31 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:

If you go onto the play store you can play this game via the Amico club. So what does it play like. MP of course. Looks awesome and plays like a dream. If this is how good the Amico is going to be, I will get one.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Intellivision.Amico.ARTShirt1&hl=en_US&gl=US

the video is from 2019.. it think it looks even better now graphics wise

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 30th, 2021, 12:20 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
BlasteroidAli wrote:

the video is from 2019.. it think it looks even better now graphics wise

I just got to play it and was like WOW. That is the first game on Mobile that has ever done that. If they can keep that up, the system is onto a winner. I would love to go back and play updated versions of old games. Space Panic, reactor, Space duel, Asteroids, Centipede. Starstrike, Astrosmash, Blasteroids. So you can see from my list I do love retro. I would settle for updates to Asteroids, Moon Patrol and Jungle hunt, plus possibly vanguard as I do love that game.
That is what the Amico might bring.
I am still watching the spot, to see what comes from it.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » December 8th, 2021, 3:50 pm

The biggest piece of exposure for the Amico, the AtariAge thread, is gone. Apparently for mostly 2 reasons. One, Tommy couldn't stop promoting his "I'm going home and taking my ball with me :'( " Facebook group, stating he wouldn't be posting on the incredibly mean and hostile AtariAge forum anymore. Also, apparently he made a comment inferring that anybody who dared ask him an uncomfortable question was a person of, shall we say, "phallic" descent.

Tommy, in typical Tommy fashion, damage controlled in a Facebook post with a whole "We were planning on shutting it down anyway" spiel. The owner of AtariAge didn't say anything of the sort, and basically inferred it was due to Tommy's behavior. However, it was stated that "A new Amico forum will return if and when the Amico is actually released and starts arriving in customers' hands". Even Albert is skeptical of the idea that this thing will ever come out.

Naturally, the Facebook group is private, and you can be sure that any uncomfortable questions or criticisms will get you an immediate sentence to one strike of the ban hammer. For a guy that follows people on Twitter than rant and rave against "Safe Spaces", he sure seems to be making one for himself.

I won't lie though, this kind of tabloid level PR disaster is incredibly entertaining. And this is coming from somebody who had a good bit of excitement when the console was FIRST announced.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » December 8th, 2021, 10:39 pm

Robotrek wrote:The biggest piece of exposure for the Amico, the AtariAge thread, is gone. Apparently for mostly 2 reasons. One, Tommy couldn't stop promoting his "I'm going home and taking my ball with me :'( " Facebook group, stating he wouldn't be posting on the incredibly mean and hostile AtariAge forum anymore. Also, apparently he made a comment inferring that anybody who dared ask him an uncomfortable question was a person of, shall we say, "phallic" descent.

Tommy, in typical Tommy fashion, damage controlled in a Facebook post with a whole "We were planning on shutting it down anyway" spiel. The owner of AtariAge didn't say anything of the sort, and basically inferred it was due to Tommy's behavior. However, it was stated that "A new Amico forum will return if and when the Amico is actually released and starts arriving in customers' hands". Even Albert is skeptical of the idea that this thing will ever come out.

Naturally, the Facebook group is private, and you can be sure that any uncomfortable questions or criticisms will get you an immediate sentence to one strike of the ban hammer. For a guy that follows people on Twitter than rant and rave against "Safe Spaces", he sure seems to be making one for himself.

I won't lie though, this kind of tabloid level PR disaster is incredibly entertaining. And this is coming from somebody who had a good bit of excitement when the console was FIRST announced.

sounds like you've been watching Pat & Ian

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » December 8th, 2021, 10:48 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
Robotrek wrote:The biggest piece of exposure for the Amico, the AtariAge thread, is gone. Apparently for mostly 2 reasons. One, Tommy couldn't stop promoting his "I'm going home and taking my ball with me :'( " Facebook group, stating he wouldn't be posting on the incredibly mean and hostile AtariAge forum anymore. Also, apparently he made a comment inferring that anybody who dared ask him an uncomfortable question was a person of, shall we say, "phallic" descent.

sounds like you've been watching Pat & Ian

Or, you know, I visit AtariAge and can read........

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/32801 ... ico-forum/

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 9th, 2021, 5:18 am

Let us see what the system is like. Then we can see if it is as Tommy says the next big thing. Or has the life of a packet of Jelly Babies when some hungry Americans get a hold of them.

Either way it will be good to finally get a hands on game system.

Atari finally came out so maybe the Amico will be next. Anyway I am off to play Halo infinite. Have a great day chaps.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » December 9th, 2021, 5:30 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:Let us see what the system is like. Then we can see if it is as Tommy says the next big thing. Or has the life of a packet of Jelly Babies when some hungry Americans get a hold of them.

Either way it will be good to finally get a hands on game system.

Atari finally came out so maybe the Amico will be next. Anyway I am off to play Halo infinite. Have a great day chaps.

(Takes Evercade off the charger)

Hope the Amico has it's release so that we can see what it is able to do. Youtube vids are nice, but I can't recall any of the test events taking place in the South... mind you, I probably will not get an Amico, as I no longer look for digital/wifi only systems.

Return to “Modern Gaming”