Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ASalvaro

Intellivision Amico Info

Postby ASalvaro » August 19th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Last edited by ASalvaro on December 3rd, 2019, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonicx9

Re: New Intellivision Amico trailer

Postby Sonicx9 » August 19th, 2019, 5:42 pm

ASalvaro wrote:https://youtu.be/TzE386pQOy4

looks promising, but can not tell if it raw on real hardware gameplay as it could be fake like Aliens: Colonial Marines case.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 19th, 2019, 9:51 pm

A few thoughts. First, Tommy Tallarico still looks damn good! You go boy!

So he talks about how games have gotten so complex and how people don't really play together any more. He wants to bring back "game night"! I was on board with those sentiments.

Then they started showing images of the console and I was less convinced. The old Intellivision style controller isn't exactly simple, and the system appears to have just two built in controllers. I would hope it would support at least four.

Then I got a glimpse of the games they were working on. Wow. These look like old-school games with modern graphics! That's a recipe for fun right there. The Asteroids style game and underwater game were standouts. I also liked the overhead smash-up-derby style game. If they can get the fun factor right - especially for multiple players - this could be interesting.

All it needs now is some physical media. Hey, I can dream!

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » August 19th, 2019, 10:22 pm

For a minute I thought they were bringing back Ecco the Dolphin but then did some fact checking and found out there was an Atari game with a dolphin appropriately named Dolphin. Now I'm sad
Not too big a fan of the mobile esque graphics, but then again this IS a budget console so I may be too harsh there. Still a pretty cute console.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » August 19th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Crummylion wrote:For a minute I thought they were bringing back Ecco the Dolphin but then did some fact checking and found out there was an Atari game with a dolphin appropriately named Dolphin. Now I'm sad
Not too big a fan of the mobile esque graphics, but then again this IS a budget console so I may be too harsh there. Still a pretty cute console.

The game in the video IS Ecco
Here's a video of a guy that's played the system and he mentions that Ecco is coming to the Amico
He also mentioned that the 1st game in the trailer is Moon Patrol

https://youtu.be/NBqOV3ChWDQ

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 20th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Yeah Moon Patrol looked great.

Crummylion - don't think of these as "mobile-esque" games. This of them as the fun classic franchises that the rest of the industry has turned their back on.

Voor

Postby Voor » August 21st, 2019, 7:00 am

Looks good to me. The Wii has been gone for a decade, so the market may be ready for another super accessible console. Heck, we actually played wii sports yesterday and still had a ton of fun.

I think having the Intellivision name attached is good, because without it, it could come across as one of those black market cheap low quality plug and play systems.

What’s the price? I’m hoping for $89.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » August 26th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Depends on how many retro gamers still want to game with the Intellivision. I would like an updated Lock and Chase. Or Astrosmash would be awesome as well. Star strike has been done to death.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » August 27th, 2019, 4:03 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:Depends on how many retro gamers still want to game with the Intellivision. I would like an updated Lock and Chase. Or Astrosmash would be awesome as well. Star strike has been done to death.

here are a couple screen shots of the Amico
Astrosmash

Moon Patrol

Night Stalker

Missle Command

noah98

Postby noah98 » August 27th, 2019, 7:03 pm

It's a must buy for me! The team is even working on a physical media solution.

Return to “Modern Gaming”