Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
MSR1701

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby MSR1701 » July 17th, 2021, 9:02 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm still waiting to see what the "physical media" looks like. The fact that they have been so elusive on the issue does not bode well.

They haven't shown the carts/packing for the physical releases yet? When does this release again?

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » July 17th, 2021, 1:59 pm

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » July 17th, 2021, 10:30 pm

ASalvaro wrote:Flying Tigers looks cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J0h_LJHP0s&t=88s

I've seen far better looking shmups on plug and play consoles from the mid 2000s. That game looks slow and boring.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » July 17th, 2021, 10:35 pm

Robotrek wrote:

I've seen far better looking shmups on plug and play consoles from the mid 2000s. That game looks slow and boring.

i could have posted the most epic game and the response would be the same..the console is not for you and that's cool

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » July 17th, 2021, 11:09 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
Robotrek wrote:

i could have posted the most epic game and the response would be the same..the console is not for you and that's cool

Are you sure you aren't Tommy's alt? I thought the Gamestick was a stupid console but I still applauded a lot of the solid games for it. There was an excellent Raiden game on the Gamestick, actually.

This thing is just an ouya with a gimmicky controller and no freedom.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » July 17th, 2021, 11:15 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
Robotrek wrote:

You know what? I genuinely believe you're Tommy. Your first post ever on this forum was singing the praises of Tommy and the Amico. Who comes to a forum that you've never been on before, and with all of the broad topics we discuss, it just so happens you want to push an unusual amount of praise on a system which in 2019 still had very limited details? And when I criticized it, you said "Welp, it's just not for you ". I've heard Tommy say that a lot in interviews about the Amico.

So yes, I legitimately think this is Tommy's sockpuppet to try to fake hype for this thing. Welcome to our decades old community, Tommy. Enjoy your stay.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » July 18th, 2021, 2:42 am

Robotrek wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:
Robotrek wrote:

You know what? I genuinely believe you're Tommy. Your first post ever on this forum was singing the praises of Tommy and the Amico. Who comes to a forum that you've never been on before, and with all of the broad topics we discuss, it just so happens you want to push an unusual amount of praise on a system which in 2019 still had very limited details? And when I criticized it, you said "Welp, it's just not for you ". I've heard Tommy say that a lot in interviews about the Amico.

So yes, I legitimately think this is Tommy's sockpuppet to try to fake hype for this thing. Welcome to our decades old community, Tommy. Enjoy your stay.

And here I thought we were supposed to civil to each other at this wonderful site.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » July 18th, 2021, 5:47 am

And here I thought we were supposed to civil to each other at this wonderful site.[/quote]

Apologies. I didn't believe I was being very hostile. Just got a little frustrated.

I still believe that he's Tommy, however. It just makes too much sense.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 18th, 2021, 8:14 am

I would be thrilled if Tommy Tallarico visited this site! He's a legend in the industry, and frankly this site is probably aimed at his target audience after all.

I really want to give the Amico a chance. If there is real physical media I will certainly be getting one of these. It's the media is just a "key" I will be more hesitant.

Anyway it occurred to me that these games might just hit the spot if they are developed with playability in mind.

Think about it - the latest crop of PS4/Xb1 titles are built on the idea of getting the most out of technology. Sure gameplay is a consideration but in many cases it's secondary.

Some say the Amico is a glorified cell phone game, but think about how cell phone games are designed. First, they need to cater to the lowest possible denominator of controls - a touch screen. Second, they are designed to encourage you to spend money.

With the Amico there's no pressure to have cutting edge graphics and no way to milk the player for money. In theory, the developers can focus on the core gameplay, similar to classics like Centipede, Pac-Man, and Donkey Kong. These games were modest in scope but they made every pixel count!

Voor

Postby Voor » July 18th, 2021, 9:10 am

I think it’s cool, just priced too high. I don’t worry about physical media—these games can’t be expensive and probably can be downloaded in 60 seconds. Lol.

If it were priced at $149, I would be really tempted.

Return to “Modern Gaming”