Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
MSR1701

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby MSR1701 » January 29th, 2020, 5:23 am

noah98 wrote:I missed out, but I'm also not a huge fan of faux woodgrain. I'd love to see a Tron themed one though!

Oh, that is NOT a good idea... my poor wallet...

On a serious note, in addition to the wood grain design, they could design as homage to the Intellivision redesigns (II, III, IV) concepts, though I would see these as not being made in large quantities, and scalpers and collectors would consume mass quantities in these instances...

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 30th, 2020, 12:55 pm

i didn't get the founders edition because i want this one instead of the woodgrain

noah98

Postby noah98 » February 1st, 2020, 7:20 am

ASalvaro wrote:i didn't get the founders edition because i want this one instead of the woodgrain

That's the one I'm leaning towards as well.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 1st, 2020, 11:20 am

Me too! Does the blue part glow??

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » February 1st, 2020, 12:50 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Me too! Does the blue part glow??

Yes, and it will change colors based on the game. At least that's how I understand their website. They have several different color options for the case and controllers. What changes is the black parts in the picture above.

Their website is cool. It will support up to 8 controllers. 2 controllers will be docked in the console when not in use and the console will charge the controllers. I thought that was pretty innovative by itself. It certainly looks good.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » February 1st, 2020, 1:38 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Me too! Does the blue part glow??

totally looking forward to your reviews when the games come out

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 1st, 2020, 5:11 pm

I'll have to make a whole new section for it!

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » February 2nd, 2020, 6:52 am

Will this have physical releases? What is the medium? Cartridge? I thought I read somewhere that it was download only? Looks pretty cool.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » February 2nd, 2020, 1:10 pm

newmodelarmy wrote:Will this have physical releases? What is the medium? Cartridge? I thought I read somewhere that it was download only? Looks pretty cool.

there will also be physical releases..there will be games released along side the console in the stores at launch but not on cartridge

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » February 2nd, 2020, 4:42 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
newmodelarmy wrote:Will this have physical releases? What is the medium? Cartridge? I thought I read somewhere that it was download only? Looks pretty cool.

there will also be physical releases..there will be games released along side the console in the stores at launch but not on cartridge
this from the FAQ
"certain games will be available in both the online store and as limited edition physical versions. We have something very special planned for physical games; they will cost a little more than the digital versions, but will definitely be worth it. More details coming closer to launch."

Return to “Modern Gaming”