This is terrible news for those wanting the Switch port of Spyro Reignited Trilogy physical

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Re: This is terrible news for those wanting the Switch port of Spyro Reignited Trilogy physical

Postby Sonicx9 » August 30th, 2019, 12:56 am

eneuman96 wrote:One thing I hate about these download requirements for physical carts is that there are always, without fail, a fair number of people who just shrug it off and say "no big deal, just get another SD card," and there obviously must be enough buyers with this mindset for certain publishers to continue doing this. It's just another way to cut costs by not shelling out for a cartridge that can hold the entire game and making us foot the bill instead. If The Witcher 3 can fit on a Switch cart without requiring this crap, then Activision has no excuse.

That said, Sonicx9, I would recommend that you only reply to other people's posts if you have something constructive to say in response. Just responding to a post with "Same" or basically paraphrasing what someone else already said only clutters up the thread and causes it to be bumped up on the Hot Topics list for no reason.

Ok sorry for doing that, I was in the middle of something so I could not wright things properly, but yes, if they can get the full Witcher 3 experience on a single 32GB card, no reasons others can do the same.

Crummylion

Re: This is terrible news for those wanting the Switch port of Spyro Reignited Trilogy physical

Postby Crummylion » August 30th, 2019, 6:08 pm

I mean, it's better than Wolfenstien since they only gave you a code in a box, but requiring an update like this is ridiculous.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 31st, 2019, 5:06 am

Crummylion wrote:I mean, it's better than Wolfenstien since they only gave you a code in a box, but requiring an update like this is ridiculous.

It at best marginally better but stil a bad thing especially if the servers go off in the future.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » August 31st, 2019, 8:27 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Or you can get it on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/9965 ... d_Trilogy/ and because PC is mostly digital anyways it not as big of an issue.

Steam is an option although it is tough to buy something full price knowing a few months from now it will be half during a sale. I will wait for reviews to come in, not all PC ports are up to scratch there have been some bad unplayable ones lately where I demanded refunds....

I have been looking for new games to buy for my Switch. Fire Emblem, Links Awakening, and Dead Cells might be my next purchases. Dead Cells? Good, Medium or Bad? I think it looks interesting.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 31st, 2019, 8:33 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Or you can get it on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/9965 ... d_Trilogy/ and because PC is mostly digital anyways it not as big of an issue.

Steam is an option although it is tough to buy something full price knowing a few months from now it will be half during a sale. I will wait for reviews to come in, not all PC ports are up to scratch there have been some bad unplayable ones lately where I demanded refunds....

I have been looking for new games to buy for my Switch. Fire Emblem, Links Awakening, and Dead Cells might be my next purchases. Dead Cells? Good, Medium or Bad? I think it looks interesting.

Regardless, all 3 of those Switch purchases are better then Spyro as they don't require a patch to function. And PC via Steam wait, until the user reviews come in and mind you the Steam version of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is Very Positive and the port devloper of Spyro is the same as Crash PC so this gives me hopes. And as always, PC gamers love saying use PC Gaming wiki mods or later patches to work right.

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » August 31st, 2019, 9:36 pm

DrLitch wrote:Dead Cells? Good, Medium or Bad? I think it looks interesting.

Dead Cells is definitely worth buying if you like difficult games. Each level is nonlinear and like most "rogue-lite" indie games, a full playthrough is relatively short but made very challenging due to procedural generation and giving you only one life. I know those are polarizing gameplay elements, but I very much enjoyed it.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 1st, 2019, 9:24 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Regardless, all 3 of those Switch purchases are better then Spyro as they don't require a patch to function. And PC via Steam wait, until the user reviews come in and mind you the Steam version of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is Very Positive and the port devloper of Spyro is the same as Crash PC so this gives me hopes. And as always, PC gamers love saying use PC Gaming wiki mods or later patches to work right.

Yes there is hope. I will wait and see how well Spyro is received. I really miss good old fashioned 3D platformers - Mario Odyssey I have played through 3 times already and enough is enough. A Hat in Time was absolutely excellent. I want more...

eneuman96 wrote:Dead Cells is definitely worth buying if you like difficult games. Each level is nonlinear and like most "rogue-lite" indie games, a full playthrough is relatively short but made very challenging due to procedural generation and giving you only one life. I know those are polarizing gameplay elements, but I very much enjoyed it.

I just recently finished Bloodstained Ritual of the Night. I loved that game so much (I give it a 10/10) I am looking for the next great 2D sidescrolling adventure. Dead Cells is going to be my next obsession... I hope...

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 3rd, 2019, 8:30 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Regardless, all 3 of those Switch purchases are better then Spyro as they don't require a patch to function. And PC via Steam wait, until the user reviews come in and mind you the Steam version of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is Very Positive and the port devloper of Spyro is the same as Crash PC so this gives me hopes. And as always, PC gamers love saying use PC Gaming wiki mods or later patches to work right.

Yes there is hope. I will wait and see how well Spyro is received. I really miss good old fashioned 3D platformers - Mario Odyssey I have played through 3 times already and enough is enough. A Hat in Time was absolutely excellent. I want more...

eneuman96 wrote:Dead Cells is definitely worth buying if you like difficult games. Each level is nonlinear and like most "rogue-lite" indie games, a full playthrough is relatively short but made very challenging due to procedural generation and giving you only one life. I know those are polarizing gameplay elements, but I very much enjoyed it.

I just recently finished Bloodstained Ritual of the Night. I loved that game so much (I give it a 10/10) I am looking for the next great 2D sidescrolling adventure. Dead Cells is going to be my next obsession... I hope...

BTW Spyro Steam is a quality port: https://store.steampowered.com/app/9965 ... d_Trilogy/

Return to “Modern Gaming”