Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli
Posts: 394
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 4th, 2019, 8:25 pm

I have just played an early version of it and wow I was impressed.

With a mere 50 gigs per hour of bandwith you can get 4k visuals. Plus it is a very generous 35Mb a second broadband speed to do so.

It is the games that make it. This is also going to be a switch beater as you can play it on the go or on your home TV.

Stand out games not available on the switch included the unparalleled Destiny 2 with all the DLC. This game is at the forefront of modern game and was designed by Bungie who made Halo.

Also you are going to get to play Skyrim in 4k. Amazing.

Plus it has Baldurs gate 3 coming out as an exclusive title.

When I had played it I knew I had to have it. I have pre ordered it.

This system will complete me, it will be the event of a generation. When you play it your will always remember what you were doing when you first did so, that first life changing moment.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1710
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby Sonicx9 » September 4th, 2019, 10:59 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:I have just played an early version of it and wow I was impressed.

With a mere 50 gigs per hour of bandwith you can get 4k visuals. Plus it is a very generous 35Mb a second broadband speed to do so.

It is the games that make it. This is also going to be a switch beater as you can play it on the go or on your home TV.

Stand out games not available on the switch included the unparalleled Destiny 2 with all the DLC. This game is at the forefront of modern game and was designed by Bungie who made Halo.

Also you are going to get to play Skyrim in 4k. Amazing.

Plus it has Baldurs gate 3 coming out as an exclusive title.

When I had played it I knew I had to have it. I have pre ordered it.

This system will complete me, it will be the event of a generation. When you play it your will always remember what you were doing when you first did so, that first life changing moment.


How did you get your hands on it, do you work in the game industry behind closed doors, is it really true, I am skeptical because this looks like a troll post? And give me evidence of your experience with Google Stadia?

BanjoPickles
Posts: 257
Joined: June 18th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby BanjoPickles » September 5th, 2019, 1:26 am

How do you know that it’s a troll post? If anything, the guy just seems genuinely excited for it. Dude, you genuinely seem upset/agitated that somebody out there may actually be excited for it, and it makes no sense. They’re video games. Take a deep breath and stop letting these non-issues get to you:

Sonicx9
Posts: 1710
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby Sonicx9 » September 5th, 2019, 1:55 am

BanjoPickles wrote:How do you know that it’s a troll post? If anything, the guy just seems genuinely excited for it. Dude, you genuinely seem upset/agitated that somebody out there may actually be excited for it, and it makes no sense. They’re video games. Take a deep breath and stop letting these non-issues get to you:


I don't want to hate Google Stadia, it just the system has become a huge Periphery Hatedom on the internet once it was announced, people like Dave the video game critic himself, RGT 85, Dreamcastguy, Jim Sterling, Reviewtechusa, etc. Are all hating on Google Stadia as the wost thing ever like a eco chamber. Or should I not jump in the Periphery Hatedom bandwagon?

User avatar
David
Posts: 164
Joined: April 20th, 2015, 3:10 am

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby David » September 5th, 2019, 4:56 am

To be fair, I read it as a joke post as well. If not:

Proclaiming it as a “savior of gaming” implies that gaming is needing of saving at all, of what I’m not sure. The figure for bandwidth is wrong. It will use a little over 15 GB an hour max for 4k streaming, which is fairly significant, and if it did use 50 GB I wouldn’t describe that as a “mere” amount of data. Destiny 2 is unparalleled? I guess maybe some would describe it as that. Skyrim, an eight year old game in 4k? PS4, Xbox One X and PC already allow that. Not super impressive. Baldur’s Gate 3 is also coming out on PC, so not an exclusive. And the cherry on top, Google Stadia will “complete” you, and be a life altering, where was I moment? Is Stadia your future spouse? I’ve never heard anyone saying anything or anyone will complete them unless it’s in a romantic context. And I remember watching the white Ford Bronco chase, I remember being in the hall at school on 9/11 - I assure you I won’t give a rat’s ass about where I was playing Google Stadia.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1710
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby Sonicx9 » September 5th, 2019, 11:04 am

David wrote:To be fair, I read it as a joke post as well. If not:

Proclaiming it as a “savior of gaming” implies that gaming is needing of saving at all, of what I’m not sure. The figure for bandwidth is wrong. It will use a little over 15 GB an hour max for 4k streaming, which is fairly significant, and if it did use 50 GB I wouldn’t describe that as a “mere” amount of data. Destiny 2 is unparalleled? I guess maybe some would describe it as that. Skyrim, an eight year old game in 4k? PS4, Xbox One X and PC already allow that. Not super impressive. Baldur’s Gate 3 is also coming out on PC, so not an exclusive. And the cherry on top, Google Stadia will “complete” you, and be a life altering, where was I moment? Is Stadia your future spouse? I’ve never heard anyone saying anything or anyone will complete them unless it’s in a romantic context. And I remember watching the white Ford Bronco chase, I remember being in the hall at school on 9/11 - I assure you I won’t give a rat’s ass about where I was playing Google Stadia.


You make way more sense because to me Stadia is a scam, and I am not alone as many feel the same way as me.

GTS
Posts: 210
Joined: January 29th, 2017, 2:43 pm

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby GTS » September 5th, 2019, 5:28 pm

I believe the OP posted this to poke fun of some of the pro-Nintendo threads seen on this site. Just a theory.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1710
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby Sonicx9 » September 5th, 2019, 6:05 pm

GTS wrote:I believe the OP posted this to poke fun of some of the pro-Nintendo threads seen on this site. Just a theory.


Maybe, but only BlasteroidAli knows it?

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 12853
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 5th, 2019, 6:12 pm

I also wasn't sure whether to take it serious or not, but if he had actually tried the thing I'd respect his opinion.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1710
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Google Stadia is the saviour of gaming.

Postby Sonicx9 » September 5th, 2019, 6:47 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I also wasn't sure whether to take it serious or not, but if he had actually tried the thing I'd respect his opinion.


You have a good point, but only BlasteroidAli knows as I thought it was a off season april fools joke!


Return to “Modern Gaming”