CD Projekt Red Witcher 3 Switch port interview.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

CD Projekt Red Witcher 3 Switch port interview.

Postby Sonicx9 » September 7th, 2019, 1:18 am

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-witc ... ojekt-red/

It a great read as it shows that it came from the relationship with Saber Interactive PS4 Pro/Xbox One X and HDR patches combined with the fact that Saber had experience with the Switch ARM CPU hardware. And they say that using a 32GB cart was a must to get it properly which I congratulate them for as many companies cheapan out of the carts to have downloads, but not CD Projekt Red. And BTW, if you want a list of 32GB Switch games before Witcher 3 Switch here they are in release order.

Dragon Quest Heroes I・II for Nintendo Switch (Japan only launch game for the system and is available on PS4 and PC in the west along with Japan only PS3 and Vita version (2 is on Vita), but 1 and 2 are on PS3.)

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (Japanese/Asian releases only) the west was not so lucky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ANGkIiqzTs

Attack on Titan 2 Final Battle (update version of Attack on Titan 2 game which is available on everything except for 3DS.) Original Switch version is a 16GB card and first international 32GB Switch game BTW.

I am doing this as a positive post.

DrLitch

Re: CD Projekt Red Witcher 3 Switch port interview.

Postby DrLitch » September 8th, 2019, 7:03 pm

I am still pleasantly surprised this game is coming out on the Switch. It is still a title that pushes modern hardware hard and I bet it will run and look great as well on the Switch. What a treat for Switch owners given the popularity of open world action RPG's. I really wish that a remake of Fallout 3 and New Vegas come on the Switch the original games could do with an upgrade.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 8th, 2019, 7:34 pm

DrLitch wrote:I am still pleasantly surprised this game is coming out on the Switch. It is still a title that pushes modern hardware hard and I bet it will run and look great as well on the Switch. What a treat for Switch owners given the popularity of open world action RPG's. I really wish that a remake of Fallout 3 and New Vegas come on the Switch the original games could do with an upgrade.

Just give me a Switch port of Monster Hunter: World and I will be happy!

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 9th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Just give me a Switch port of Monster Hunter: World and I will be happy!

I bought it on release for Xbox and it is still in it's wrapping. Not even played it yet. I am surprised Monster Hunter did not come out on Switch though - this franchise has been released on Nintendo consoles in the past. I am pretty sure the Wii U and 3DS had a bunch of titles.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 9th, 2019, 11:49 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Just give me a Switch port of Monster Hunter: World and I will be happy!

I bought it on release for Xbox and it is still in it's wrapping. Not even played it yet. I am surprised Monster Hunter did not come out on Switch though - this franchise has been released on Nintendo consoles in the past. I am pretty sure the Wii U and 3DS had a bunch of titles.

True, I can understand Call of Duty and EA sports games, but Monster Hunter WTF!

Return to “Modern Gaming”