Nintendo lied about censorship with games.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Re: Nintendo lied about censorship with games.

Postby Sonicx9 » October 17th, 2019, 10:12 pm

DrLitch wrote:Well historically Nintendo were always pretty clean. They do have a track record of good wholesome material and values.

That said common sense suggests if it is R rated material just slap an R rated tag on the box.

Steam has a whole bunch of adult games to play they have recently ditched censorship altogether. Gamer's that get their rocks off to Video Game Anime or Hentai now have a new favourite place. I am with Stalvern here, not my thing, but I get it that some folks also seek to get that little something extra playing their video games. Kinda taking care of two birds with one stone :lol:

True that Nintendo is historically always pretty clean having a track record of good wholesome material and values. But lately they have been good about not censoring there own stuff until now from 2017 to most of 2019 until now. And the way they mislead us with that PR is just shows you can not trust what PR says.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » October 17th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:True that Nintendo is historically always pretty clean having a track record of good wholesome material and values. But lately they have been good about not censoring there own stuff until now from 2017 to most of 2019 until now. And the way they mislead us with that PR is just shows you can not trust what PR says.

Oh it is all about the money, that is what it is. With social media like it is it only takes a few hysterical people to give something a bad rep. Even if folks do not care about censorship, just having a few whiny crybabies is enough for you to move to something else. Nintendo like any other company are not going to risk losing a dime over negative criticism of their video game depiction of "insert current trending SJW issue".

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 17th, 2019, 10:46 pm

DrLitch wrote:Oh it is all about the money, that is what it is. With social media like it is it only takes a few hysterical people to give something a bad rep. Even if folks do not care about censorship, just having a few whiny crybabies is enough for you to move to something else. Nintendo like any other company are not going to risk losing a dime over negative criticism of their video game depiction of "insert current trending SJW issue".

But if it gets enough bad rep from social media Nintendo could do something to hopefully make it better, because I did create a contact complaint to help change things. https://old.reddit.com/r/CensoredGaming ... ly_refute/

You may not agree with it, but it could get worse if people do not speak up DrLitch.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » October 18th, 2019, 12:15 am

Sonicx9 wrote:You may not agree with it, but it could get worse if people do not speak up DrLitch.

Time is short, I have to pick my battles ;)

Ah yes see you have taken this to Reddit. Wish you the best here, I will lend you support if it gets too nasty.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 18th, 2019, 12:25 am

DrLitch wrote:Time is short, I have to pick my battles ;)

Ah yes see you have taken this to Reddit. Wish you the best here, I will lend you support if it gets too nasty.

So far it actually well received on reddy with 10 upvotes as of now so I think it going out well, I also shared it to Dark Titan Enterprises on Twitter and she liked it along with another person, so far so good.

Voor

Postby Voor » October 18th, 2019, 7:01 am

Stalvern wrote:It's a general preference, not some absolute rule. I already explained this.

Sonic tends to get caught up in absolutes, but Stalvern’s response is correct—we all have preferences and self-made rules, but we can have exceptions too. That’s fine. Helps us to be flexible. And guess what? Companies do this too.

It’s not uncommon for a person/company to change their mind about something. Doesn’t mean anyone is a hypocrite.

just because a person doesn’t like something (even if they strongly dislike it), it doesn’t make them a “hater”.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 18th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Voor wrote:
Stalvern wrote:It's a general preference, not some absolute rule. I already explained this.

Sonic tends to get caught up in absolutes, but Stalvern’s response is correct—we all have preferences and self-made rules, but we can have exceptions too. That’s fine. Helps us to be flexible. And guess what? Companies do this too.

It’s not uncommon for a person/company to change their mind about something. Doesn’t mean anyone is a hypocrite.

just because a person doesn’t like something (even if they strongly dislike it), it doesn’t make them a “hater”.

I am sorry I took it the wrong way, maybe my problem is I generalize haters and elitist as almost the same people sometimes, my bad.

But it does look like people in Japan are not happy thanks to these events: https://mynintendonews.com/2019/10/18/j ... do-switch/ and https://nintendosoup.com/this-is-what-n ... ensorship/ hopefully if the negative PR catches on in Japan and Worldwide and affects sales then maybe change can come in the future as speaking out is the key. https://old.reddit.com/r/CensoredGaming ... ly_refute/

Voor

Postby Voor » October 18th, 2019, 3:37 pm

I don’t think you find very many (if any) haters or elitists on this forum. People are more here to enjoy themselves rather than get into debates.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 18th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Voor wrote:I don’t think you find very many (if any) haters or elitists on this forum. People are more here to enjoy themselves rather than get into debates.

It sad that Communities on Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, Twitter, Discord, etc. Are so polarizing and black and white it make the internet unpleasant these days. Heck after this news should I boycott Nintendo and Switch and sell my Switch stuff or should I ignore the negativity. Also should I end my life or am I taking opinions too seriously what should I do? Heck things like this: https://old.reddit.com/r/CensoredGaming ... ole_games/ and this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide make Console gaming look like a evil devil and go to PC Gaming even though I do not like PC Gaming. Any help would be nice?

Voor

Postby Voor » October 18th, 2019, 5:14 pm

We’ve answered those questions for you countless times.

Return to “Modern Gaming”