Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 6th, 2020, 4:23 pm

I love me some sprint car racing!
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/02/05 ... ascar/amp/

Any chance this will be released on physical media??

Atariboy

Re: Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing

Postby Atariboy » February 7th, 2020, 9:19 am

Thanks for posting this. I was unaware of it before seeing this. Sadly though, everything I can find says digital only.

The late model dirt track racing in their recent NASCAR Heat 3 and 4 releases was pretty good, so I'll probably be downloading this. Too bad the tracks though appear to be fictional. I'd love to race around Weedsport Speedway in a 410 Winged Sprint Car. The Tony Stewart All-Stars series puts on a great show there down in central New York each year that I always attend.

I wonder though why it says "Monster Games, a former developer of the NASCAR Heat series"? I sure hope Monster Games isn't done with NASCAR. They got a rough start this generation with their return to NASCAR sims after a 15+ year absence, but the last couple have been very solid games. Looking forward to seeing how they'll evolve this with new systems on the horizon.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » August 3rd, 2021, 4:23 am

This saw a retail release a while back on both Xbox One and Playstation 4, bundled with the follow-up.

Atariboy wrote:I wonder though why it says "Monster Games, a former developer of the NASCAR Heat series"? I sure hope Monster Games isn't done with NASCAR.

That indeed ended up the case. A new developer took the reigns after NASCAR Heat 4 (Although we won't really see what the new developers can do until NASCAR '21 comes out later this year, with last year's NASCAR Heat 5 just a lazy season update of the final Monster Games release).

Monster Games instead seems to be focusing on American short track oval racing and has developed a 3rd game in the style of the two games in this bundle. It's a new dirt/asphalt short track game based off Tony Stewart's new Superstar Racing Experience series that races on dirt and asphalt short tracks. It's titled SRX: The Game and is a digital exclusive at this time on PS4 and XB1.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » November 23rd, 2021, 1:31 am

Atariboy wrote:Monster Games instead seems to be focusing on American short track oval racing and has developed a 3rd game in the style of the two games in this bundle. It's a new dirt/asphalt short track game based off Tony Stewart's new Superstar Racing Experience series that races on dirt and asphalt short tracks. It's titled SRX: The Game and is a digital exclusive at this time on PS4 and XB1.

The 3rd game has now received a retail release, albeit only on the PS4.

Return to “Modern Gaming”