Anyone Excited for Dreams?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Anyone Excited for Dreams?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 12th, 2020, 1:31 pm

Anybody else looking forward to Media Molecule's new game, Dreams? They're the people who made Littlebigplanet and Modnation Racers, and this looks like it will be bigger and better than anything else they've ever made before. You'll be able to make an entire game from the ground up and then share it with the world. ANY kind of game. And the tools are supposed to be so simple to use that anyone can make a working game without needing programming knowledge or even any real artistic talent. There's even a feature that let's people upload their individual creations (trees, bushes, etc) for other creators to download and use in their own games.

I'm excited to see how it turns out, but I'm not making any plans to get it just yet. If RPG Maker has taught me anything, it's that "easy to use" means VERY different things to different people. I don't want to shell out for the game and then find out that the "easy" tools are still completely above my head.

ActRaiser

Re: Anyone Excited for Dreams?

Postby ActRaiser » February 12th, 2020, 4:51 pm

I love the concept and the creative aspect of it.

Before I got sucked into a major a project at work 5 years ago I had grand ideas of making a simple, 8-player tank game for the Xbox One. The main goal was couch co-op play. Clearly, that never happened. Maybe, I'll revisit that with Dreams. :P

I envisioned a simple Atari Combat like game with the playfield expanding or zooming out the more players joined in. It wasn't supposed to be deep in gameplay but would offer the option to select different characters to drive each tank.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Anyone Excited for Dreams?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 20th, 2020, 8:41 am

Okay, so...I'm going to sell my 360 just to get enough cash to buy Dreams. Stay tuned for first impressions!

Return to “Modern Gaming”