Doom Eternal

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Doom Eternal

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 17th, 2020, 7:26 pm

Looks pretty good. I like this review, which calls out the Marauders for being very annoying enemies. We all know what that's like.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/03/ ... -on-earth/

Anyone getting this?

comchia

Re: Doom Eternal

Postby comchia » March 23rd, 2020, 11:42 am

I think I'm about halfway through it (cleared the Earth demonic presence), and so far, I ADORE it. The game itself is extremely challenging, but it hardly ever feels needlessly frustrating or anger-inducing, especially when you have a wide variety of modded guns and extra abilities to choose from. The combat itself was described by Lazy Game Reviews as being like a ballet of bullets and blood, and I think that description is on point in how rhythmic and intense battle feels. I'm still working on it, but this is quickly shaping up to possibly be my favourite Doom game.

On a side note, some of the art and architecture of the game, combined with the sorta Nazi-esque actions and propaganda of the Hell demons, throws me back to the newer Wolfenstein titles, which I'm a die-hard fan of.

comchia

Re: Doom Eternal

Postby comchia » March 23rd, 2020, 11:43 am

And yes, to hell with the Marauders (literally)! That's the only time I got frustrated with the higher difficulty, but I did manage to take the first one out.

Return to “Modern Gaming”