Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath (PS4)

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 5th, 2020, 6:54 am

I saw this game mentioned in a few places and decided to check it out on Amazon. From what I can tell it's Mortal Kombat 11 with all the DLC that's been released since. Apparently that's quite a bit including stages, characaters, and "story DLC". And according to this Amazon page the DLC is on the disc itself (not codes).

Is it worth it? I don't think I'd buy it for $60 but maybe if the price comes down.

https://www.amazon.com/Mortal-KOMBAT-11 ... r=8-7&th=1

CharlieR

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath (PS4)

Postby CharlieR » June 5th, 2020, 7:56 am

I didn't realize they had announced a "Komplete" edition yet, although I figured they would at some point. But June 16th? that's an awfully quick turnaround. The aftermath update with these new features JUST released last week.

I have the base game for switch and I don't really think it would be worth it at full price. I did buy the komplete edition of Mortal Kombat 9, but I'm good with just having the main game for this. People like me who didn't buy the update still get to experience the new stages and friendship finishing moves, so that's good enough for me.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » June 9th, 2020, 2:52 am

This site claims the switch version at least, comes with a code, rather than having all the DLC on cartridge?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/0 ... _this_june

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 9th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Well that really sucks, but I'm pretty sure the DLC in on-disc in the PS4 version, if the Q&A section is correct (I mean korrect).

https://www.amazon.com/Mortal-KOMBAT-11 ... =8-19&th=1

Tron

Postby Tron » June 10th, 2020, 1:22 am

I tend to like final editions, complete editions or game of the year editions or whatever else they’re called. I do only get them when they’ve bothered to put the content on the disc. Glad, but sad that the Critic is on top of that. There are some games, however, that don’t benefit much from the extra content. I’m not sure if Mortal Kombat is one of those. I’m imagining that the added characters are probably super hero’s or celebrities, which for me would not be appreciated. Those weird characters would probably taint the Mortal Kombat universe.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » June 10th, 2020, 9:58 am

I think I will just stick with my base version of Mortal Kombat 11. I was never really in to story in video games; I usually just skip the cutscenes if I want to get to the action. As I said, even if you didn't buy the aftermath update, you sill get the friendship moves, as well as the stages.

I did get the "komplete" edition of Mortal kombat 9 just because I love that game, and the four extra characters are rain, Skarlet, Kratos (God Of War) and Freddie Krueger. Just because characters seem like they would fit in with the Mortal Kombat universe doesn't mean they have to be there. I believe motal Kombat x had Jason Voorhees and Leatherface.

There are returning characters in the series for the DLC for 11, but some are comic book characters, etc., such as Spawn, the Joker (why is the Joker in a Mortal Kombat game? I get MK vs. DC universe, but c'mon...) Robocop, even the Terminator!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 10th, 2020, 10:56 am

One thing I might be interested in are the additional stages. I always thought the mysterious backgrounds gave MK a unique vibe. Also, the Friendships could be funny.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » June 10th, 2020, 12:22 pm

The Friendships are fun. Noob Saibot does jump rope. Scorpion spears a teddy bear. The stages are pretty cool, like the dead pool, but stages like the pit and the subway are just part of one big stage called the "retrocade." The backgrounds are just projected on a big screen in an arcade. I would have liked to see full-on recreations of these classics.

https://mortalkombat.fandom.com/wiki/Retrocade

Return to “Modern Gaming”