New Games At Target

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

New Games At Target

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 16th, 2020, 5:13 pm

I was browsing through Target and while I don't usually buy games there (because it's a pain to get somebody to get them out from behind the glass) I did notice a few that looked interesting.

Zombieland (PS4) - I had gotten a little tired of zombie games, but I think this is a top-down shooter. Sounds old-school!

Predator (PS4) - brings back memories of Alien Vs Predator for the Jag. I wonder if this is any good?

Trials of Mana (PS4/Switch) - what is this exactly? It's not a remake of Secret of Mana is it?

Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom (PS4/XB1) - Didn't I just review the GameCube version of this recently?

Gears 5 (XB1) - not sure why I missed this considering I enjoyed the other Gears entries.

Anybody played these or heard anything about them? They are all pretty cheap.

DialSforSam

Re: New Games At Target

Postby DialSforSam » August 20th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Trials of Mana is a remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) for the Super Famicom. Never was released for the SNES, although there was a ROM translation back in the early 2000's. And there's also the first legit translation on the Collection of Mana package for Switch.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » August 21st, 2020, 12:41 pm

You got me curious about a couple of these so I decided to find out more about them ...

Unfortunately, it looks like the Predator game is an online multiplayer game that is useless without a PS Plus membership (according to Amazon reviews).

Zombieland looks interesting, but it seems professional reviewers hated it. User reviews on Amazon seem more generous though.

Also, if you end up getting the Trials of Mana remake, you might also want to check out the Secret of Mana remake that came out a few years ago for PS4.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 21st, 2020, 1:46 pm

snakeboy wrote:
Unfortunately, it looks like the Predator game is an online multiplayer game that is useless without a PS Plus membership (according to Amazon reviews).

Yeah I saw this "warning" in the Amazon reviews and I'm glad I did! I doubt it says anything on the box about that.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 21st, 2020, 3:14 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Zombieland (PS4) - I had gotten a little tired of zombie games, but I think this is a top-down shooter. Sounds old-school!

Reviews for it look spotty. If the premise intrigues you, skip that and get Nex Machina on PS4. It's modern day Robotron.

Return to “Modern Gaming”