Life is Strange 2 (PS4) makes me mad

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Life is Strange 2 (PS4) makes me mad

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 21st, 2020, 5:21 pm

So I was listening to the soundtrack to the original Life is Strange the other day, and it really made me want to revisit the series. The gameplay was never spectacular but I loved the Autumn/school atmosphere. Took me back to my college days.

So I did a quick Wikipedia search to learn Life is Strange 2 is out - and available on physical media! So I checked it out on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Strange-2-P ... r=8-1&th=1

Well, if you read some comments you will learn that while the disc contains the first four episodes, you'll need to DOWNLOAD the final episode via a CODE! Apparently this was an effort to discourage people from buying used copies?! WTF??

Well all it's going to do in my case is discourage me from buying it NEW. I mean, how insulting is this? The whole reason to buy it on physical is to have a permanent copy! I'm really disgusted.

Voor

Re: Life is Strange 2 (PS4) makes me mad

Postby Voor » October 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm

Wow, piracy is certainly understood, but prohibiting “used” copies seems awful. Sometimes I wonder if the market is too flooded/saturated, resulting in cheesy tactics like this to earn a buck.

matmico399

Re: Life is Strange 2 (PS4) makes me mad

Postby matmico399 » October 22nd, 2020, 5:47 pm

It is an abhorrent practice. But sad to say with the game companies wanting to make so much cash, this tactic does not surprise me at all. Just more reason to retro game.

Return to “Modern Gaming”