When will PS5 be readily available?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Herschie

When will PS5 be readily available?

Postby Herschie » November 10th, 2020, 5:21 pm

I'm one of the unfortunate saps who missed out on any preorders. Now I'm wondering when I can reasonably expect to see one just sitting on a shelf waiting for Herschie to grab it. Spring?

DrLitch

Re: When will PS5 be readily available?

Postby DrLitch » November 10th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Scope all major retailers on the 12th November. There will be huge competition as well as scalping / bots so your chances are pretty slim unless you check a stock tracker site refreshing continuously. To get dibs will require patience and boredom akin to watching paint dry. This suggestion should be dumped with impunity.

I would guess stock will be thin given the holiday season. My bet is you will see it on shelves in the new year, probably mid January. There will be stock beforehand but with first come first served during a chaotic holiday season, a visit to your local Target or Gamestop will not yield a strong likelihood of stock on shelf for a PM visitor.

I am personally not interested in the initial line up. Spiderman is not enough and that will show up on PS4 as well. Then there is Demon's Souls - a classic title but if you have a PS3..... this launch like most others is not enough to warrant early adoption. Also that price tag - urghhh. With Sony and Microsoft now releasing content on PC my days as a console gamer is running out fast.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 10th, 2020, 8:36 pm

Actually I just checked ebay. Looks like the cheapest ones are going for $700. That's not...terrible. Tempting almost. What would I tell my wife? Lol

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 10th, 2020, 9:44 pm

Herschie wrote:Actually I just checked ebay. Looks like the cheapest ones are going for $700. That's not...terrible. Tempting almost. What would I tell my wife? Lol

LOL, not worth it. There are some cracking titles that will be coming out in 2021, by then the console will be on the shelves. I would wait.

As for your wife - easy. Hide the evidence of the expenditure (i.e. Paypal Credit instead of Debit) and when the console arrives on the doorstep you just inform her you got a killer $150 deal on it. Job done :lol: . Anyway, not like your lady would not tell the odd white lie regarding purchase of a nice product. She tells you her new handbag was a steal at $30 but the Credit Card Bill indicates $300. Of course she also knows that I will look at it and say nada :)

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » November 11th, 2020, 9:29 am

DrLitch wrote:
Herschie wrote:Actually I just checked ebay. Looks like the cheapest ones are going for $700. That's not...terrible. Tempting almost. What would I tell my wife? Lol

LOL, not worth it. There are some cracking titles that will be coming out in 2021, by then the console will be on the shelves. I would wait.

As for your wife - easy. Hide the evidence of the expenditure (i.e. Paypal Credit instead of Debit) and when the console arrives on the doorstep you just inform her you got a killer $150 deal on it. Job done :lol: . Anyway, not like your lady would not tell the odd white lie regarding purchase of a nice product. She tells you her new handbag was a steal at $30 but the Credit Card Bill indicates $300. Of course she also knows that I will look at it and say nada :)

Haha

What is it about hand bags and girls? My wife loves them. With Covid she stopped buying them as there was no place to go with it. I guess that's one plus for Covid. :D

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » November 11th, 2020, 9:43 am

Based on past history, I think your guess of Spring is most accurate. April 2021 would be my bet of the earliest date you'd walk into a store and see spare PS5's just sitting there for any prolonged period.

If you're interested in one, I wonder if Gamestop is still doing any sort of pre-order method. You won't get one on launch day, but at least you might get it before Christmas.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 11th, 2020, 2:08 pm

ActRaiser wrote:What is it about hand bags and girls? My wife loves them. With Covid she stopped buying them as there was no place to go with it. I guess that's one plus for Covid. :D

Add boots, shoes, and clothing accessories. In my case, since she discovered Goodwill auctions during Covid, the purchases have gone north :roll: . Luckily Goodwill is not too expensive. My wife has no issue with used clothes. Me on the other hand, a pair of dress pants she bought me had yellow stains in there. Zero chance I will wear them :lol:

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 12th, 2020, 1:59 am

My wife said that any commission I make would go towards my PS5. Got a sale today so that certainly helps.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » November 12th, 2020, 10:22 pm

Since my miserable experience with the first PlayStation’s reliability, I’ve made it a rule of thumb to never be an early adopter. I will typically give a console at least a year before I jump on board. Apart from the excitement, I don’t see the point of buying a console on day one. Let them work out the faulty hardware, and amass a respectable library.

gamer4life

Postby gamer4life » November 16th, 2020, 4:12 am

They keep saying there should be limited stock around Black Friday. I wouldn't expect regular stock until 2021 unless the scalpers quit buying up all the stock. $950-$1000 is the normal price around here on Craigslist and Facebook.

Return to “Modern Gaming”