When will PS5 be readily available?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
C64_Critic

Re: When will PS5 be readily available?

Postby C64_Critic » November 16th, 2020, 8:57 am

BanjoPickles wrote:Since my miserable experience with the first PlayStation’s reliability, I’ve made it a rule of thumb to never be an early adopter. I will typically give a console at least a year before I jump on board. Apart from the excitement, I don’t see the point of buying a console on day one. Let them work out the faulty hardware, and amass a respectable library.

Bingo. And who could forget the famous "RROD" (Red Ring of Death) on the Xbox 360's initial production run? I think it took them almost a year to finally admit that they were bad and rectify the situation. I think unless there is just some exclusive you're absolutely DYING to play, wait a year or so before bothering to pick up any 'new' console and let the early adopters help work out the kinks.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 7th, 2020, 7:07 am

I got my hopes up when I saw PS5 going for $500 on Ebay. Unfortunately it was for a picture of Playstation 5! Always someone trying to scam every nickel and dime out of you, it makes me sick!

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » December 7th, 2020, 12:59 pm

ehh the PS5 doesn't excite me...i like playing video games not interactive movies

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 7th, 2020, 4:18 pm

ASalvaro wrote:ehh the PS5 doesn't excite me...i like playing video games not interactive movies

I really don't need it until spring when MLB The Show comes out. Actually I'm more into the PS5 Cubs than I am the real ones. Partially because we told Comcast to go *bleep* themselves and YouTube TV doesn't carry the Marquee Network.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » December 7th, 2020, 9:58 pm

Herschie wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:ehh the PS5 doesn't excite me...i like playing video games not interactive movies

I really don't need it until spring when MLB The Show comes out. Actually I'm more into the PS5 Cubs than I am the real ones. Partially because we told Comcast to go *bleep* themselves and YouTube TV doesn't carry the Marquee Network.

MLB The Show would be the only game i would buy a PS5 for...i lived in Chicago my whole life until i moved to North Carolina this year..i love and miss the Cubs but the only thing i don't miss is the Cubs TV Announcers :lol:

gamer4life

Postby gamer4life » December 8th, 2020, 5:27 pm

As soon as people quit buying them from scalpers the supply in stores will increase.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » January 27th, 2021, 12:52 pm

I was about to buy one from a scalper until I read this:

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-rest ... more-units

So hopefully they'll be in stock soon. Most of the ones available on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace around Chicago are in the ghetto, so as good as their prices may be, I am NOT about to go into any of those neighborhoods.

Return to “Modern Gaming”