Anybody have the new PS5 or Xbox?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Anybody have the new PS5 or Xbox?

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 2nd, 2021, 7:55 am

If anyone has somehow obtained the new Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X please report what you think. I'm really interested to hear if this console(s) are really worth purchasing in this day and time. Right now I have no desire, but I think that will change as they develop their own libraries.

Voor

Re: Anybody have the new PS5 or Xbox?

Postby Voor » January 3rd, 2021, 2:29 pm

I have a family member that has both. I don’t think he has any games for them thosuggt—still plays stuff compatible on the old generation.

pickle_chugger

Postby pickle_chugger » January 3rd, 2021, 3:59 pm

I splurged and got myself a PS5 this year when they went up for preorder on Amazon.
I'm a playstation plus subscriber so that gave me access to Bugsnax and a library of PS4 games that I never got around to playing.
The pack in game Astro's Playroom is the real standout so far. An amazing platformer that makes great use of the new Dual Sense controller- My whole family dug it and really is the stand out title in my eyes.
The graphics are beautiful on a 4k television and the load times are almost non-existent which is such a nice change of pace. My launch edition PS4 is showing it's age and sounds like a swamp cooler when in use.

My gaming time is limited and I have been having a great time with the Astro's Playroom, Bugsnax, and Days Gone (which I never got around to playing on PS4).

Nothing else out of the launch line up has really made me want to pull the trigger for a purchase. If you happen to see one in the wild I would say it's worth your time and will add to your collection. Definitely not worth paying scalper prices for though-

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » January 4th, 2021, 2:52 pm

I haven't seen them in the wild, and i'm too lazy to pre-order or stand in line these days so i probably won't get one for years if at all.

I feel like my Xbox One X is powerful enough to handle most of the next gen games for some time so i'm good with that since it's power level technically falls between the Series S and Series X.

The PS5 is just too damn big; holding out for the "slim" model for sure. Also don't really feel compelled to buy it until another Uncharted is released, which is the system selling franchise for me.

I have a friend who has one (PS5) and seems to think it's the bees knees; but i think he's been drinking the Sony kool-aid for some time now. All good; whatever floats your boat!

Return to “Modern Gaming”