Raspberry Pi emulators

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Tron

Raspberry Pi emulators

Postby Tron » January 30th, 2021, 12:39 pm

I need a new raspberry Pi emulator console. My old one stopped playing all the games except for the Neo Geo ones, strangely enough. I don’t know what to look for and what I should get. I need some advice. I pretty much want 8-bit and 16-bit games, especially TurboGrafyx and Mame.

I bought one on this site a few years ago and it was awesome. Not sure how it got corrupted.

snakeboy

Re: Raspberry Pi emulators

Postby snakeboy » January 31st, 2021, 1:05 pm

I'm not an expert on this topic, but I wonder if the problem is with the micro sd card rather than the Pi itself. I had a card where the startup files got corrupted and the Pi wouldn't boot up at all. I ended up installing Retropie on another card and it worked fine after that. If you have the time, you could try that, though I'll admit it was little more complicated and time-consuming than I thought it would be.

Or if you don't have the time and don't mind spending a little money, you can buy a micro sd card online that already has Retropie installed on it. I just recently bought one on Amazon, and it was totally worth it for me since I didn't have to deal with the hassle of setting everything up myself.

But like I said, I'm hardly an expert on all this, so there could be a simpler solution to your problem so hopefully there is someone here that's a little more knowledgeable on this subject.

Tron

Re: Raspberry Pi emulators

Postby Tron » February 4th, 2021, 1:22 pm

You’re quite possibly correct, but I either can’t or don’t wish to be bothered with even “installing cards”. I want a “Ready to go” emulator & that’s why I have to pay the exorbitant prices.

Return to “Modern Gaming”