New AAA titles?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

New AAA titles?

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 14th, 2021, 4:03 pm

I noticed the new Resident Evil Village was released last month! I don't buy as many new games as I used to, but this is definitely one I need to review. I guess the big question is, do I buy the PS4 edition now, or hold out until I can purchase the PS5 version??

And please try to keep me posted on any other big titles I might have missed, or new releases to look out for! Thanks!

DrLitch

Re: New AAA titles?

Postby DrLitch » June 14th, 2021, 8:30 pm

The biggest difference will be load times. Since we are all used to the nuances of the PS4 you wont be missing out too much going PS4 route. This game will look sharper on PS5 but the immersion experience will be largely unaltered. Not a Cyberpunk 2077 disaster.

PS5 - not worth the hassle until stock shows up on shelves. It might be a year to two years for that given the global silicon crisis. PS5 definitely not worth paying double the price for the sharper graphics and a small handful of exclusives.

Recent AAA's?
Give Control a tryout. It is the sort of game you will likely enjoy.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » June 14th, 2021, 8:42 pm

You will be getting new Xbox as well right? If you were not planning to I would put it on a higher priority than PS5 unless you have a gaming PC. E3 seems to indicate that many quality AAA's will not be releasing on the PS5.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 14th, 2021, 8:50 pm

DrLitch wrote:You will be getting new Xbox as well right? If you were not planning to I would put it on a higher priority than PS5 unless you have a gaming PC. E3 seems to indicate that many quality AAA's will not be releasing on the PS5.

I find it hard to justify the new Xbox considering the dearth of exclusive titles for the Xbox One. Are there any really compelling games for it?

Also, I hear you need to be online to play offline, if that makes any sense. Apparently some kind of DRM crap.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » June 16th, 2021, 8:42 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Are there any really compelling games for it?

Right now, no. In future might be interesting with Bethesda and subsidiaries lining releases up on Xbox and PC but not PS4.

Starfield
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2
Outer Worlds 2
Hellblade 2
Elders Scrolls 6 ??
Fallout 5 ??

Sony had much better exclusives last gen, this gen, it is going to be interesting.

VideoGameCritic wrote:Also, I hear you need to be online to play offline, if that makes any sense. Apparently some kind of DRM crap.

Yeah it is BS, may as well just buy a gaming PC instead of Xbox, at least you can do other things with a PC to justify the cost.

Return to “Modern Gaming”