Which Far Cry is your favorite?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Which Far Cry is your favorite?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » August 18th, 2021, 11:21 pm

Out of all the Far Cry games, including the spinoffs like Blood Dragon and Primal, which one do you like the best? I'm playing 3 on my PS4 right now, and I've also played a little of 2 and 4. 3 is definitely my favorite so far. You form an immediate connection with Jason being in the predicament he's in, unlike Arjay from 4, who idiotically walks into a third world country in the middle of a civil war because his mom wanted her ashes scattered in a freaking warzone. 3's tropical island sandbox is fun to explore too. I didn't get far enough in 4 when I tried it to really form an opinion, but I thought 2 was pretty bad. Giving the player malaria and forcing you to continuously search for medicine was a...let's say creative idea that backfired and made the game a slog. Also, having your weapons jam and degrade with use might be realistic, but that doesn't make it fun.

So what about you guys?

DrLitch

Re: Which Far Cry is your favorite?

Postby DrLitch » August 19th, 2021, 9:26 pm

Far Cry 3 is where the series peaked. Blood Dragon is also a fun spinoff of 3. Primal is next in line for me. The other newer titles (4 and 5), while good, did not hold my attention long enough. I have not played the apocalyptic New Dawn although it has been in my Steam account for a year or so. I might visit it one day.

Return to “Modern Gaming”