Grand Theft Auto VI - Coming... eventually?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
JohanOberg

Grand Theft Auto VI - Coming... eventually?

Postby JohanOberg » September 22nd, 2021, 4:00 am

I bought GTA V on day 1 back in 2013, one of the last brand new games I ever bought, I've been gravitating away from new games for a long time now, but that's beside the point. I want GTA VI! GTA is one of my favorite series of all time because of the freedom, the parody of american society and culture, and I just think they're fun. But they've milked GTA V for so long, since it released Leslie Benzies, Dan Houser and Lazlow have all quit, so what will GTA VI even be?
They've also said that it's become harder to satirize america now than it used to be (I won't go into it), but moreso it seems to me they're just busy counting their money coming in from GTA Online?

Anyhow, I do want GTA VI. If it follows the previous tradition of only using 3 locations, Vice City should be next, which would be nice to go back to, but on the other hand if it's not the 80s, is it worth it?
GTA Tokyo(and Bogota for some reason) has been rumoured ever since the early 2000s, but I don't think that's going to happen, GTA is an american series... made by scots.
In the mean time, I'll take those remasters that were rumored? Or Bully 2? ANYTHING, besides Red Dead because I'm not into that personally, hehe.

BanjoPickles

Re: Grand Theft Auto VI - Coming... eventually?

Postby BanjoPickles » September 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm

Unfortunately, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. When you have a game that has sold over 100 million copies, and people continue to pay for all of the online crap, then Rockstar has very little incentive to make a new one. I bought it once, on PS4, and that will be the only time I buy it. For those who buy it on PS5 in March, they're sending the loud message that they want more GTA5.

Return to “Modern Gaming”