Dead games.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

Dead games.

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 20th, 2022, 7:43 pm

The new digital dark age is upon us.
Two really really good games are dead. We will not be playing them any time soon. The first game was the awesome Defiance game based on the TV series of the same name. It was a cracking multiplayer. Even better it was single player and multiplayer at the same time. I played 100s of hours on it. They turned the servers off last year and it is no more.

Next up Titan Fall. Just the best big Robot game EVER!! Most It was mainly multiplayer. Then everyone stopped playing it and it was dead. There is a sequel which is still being played. Though I did not think it was quite as good as the first one. Now TF has been withdrawn.

Though there is some good news. Battle born the awful online shooter from Gearbox the company that destroyed Aliens Colonial Marines. A poor mans Overwatch. Like a lot of online only games it had one major problem. No one played it. As such there was no way you could really play it. Fortunately it died.

If you feel like it you can put in the MP games that are tragically no longer with us.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Dead games.

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 21st, 2022, 8:25 am

The thing is, I think these games truly ARE dead. I mean, it's not like they can be retrofitted as single player games, and no way is a company going to go to the trouble to resurrect an old online game.

And I think that's kind of sad. I wonder if it changes the minds of fans of these games who may have previously defended the digital/online-only format.

Stalvern

Re: Dead games.

Postby Stalvern » May 21st, 2022, 9:36 am

People have set up their own servers for lots of dead games. Lots of games that aren't dead, too. If people care enough to resurrect the games in the OP, the main obstacle would be DMCA takedowns, which happen frequently for unofficial servers.

Return to “Modern Gaming”