I Don't Like Elden Ring

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Re: I Don't Like Elden Ring

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 3rd, 2022, 7:37 pm

Gentlegamer wrote:
Tron wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote: Now it looks like I’ll have to play one of the earlier releases that are linear & still am unsure which one to start with.

If you have PS3, Demon's Souls (PS5 remake also acceptable). PS4/PS5, Bloodborne. PS3/Xbox 360, Dark Souls (or PS4/PC Dark Souls Remastered)

Any of those are a good choice.

Dark Souls 3 (PS4, XB1) is my personal favorite, but imo you should play them in order. Certain things in 3 will have a bigger impact that way.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » June 4th, 2022, 12:19 pm

I love it, but your criticisms are completely legit! I’m currently stuck on a small number of bosses that seem absolutely impossible:

-Fire Giant: this dude is an HP sponge that can attack over a wide area, oftentimes being able to one-shot you. The summon is pretty much worthless, because even though it provides a distraction, you’re still going to get hit and take an insane amount of damage. Even your critical attacks barely phase him!

-Radahn (I think that’s his name): a hulking beast who shoots insanely fast, powerful arrows at you, from a great distance and brings down a shower of arrows over you if you get too close. You can summon multiple spirits to help you, but they’re basically useless because he wipes them out quickly. Oh, and he is also very capable of one-shotting you (surprise, surprise).

-Twins Fell: this is an optional boss fight that I’ve decided not to bother with. They are insanely powerful, and your attacks barely phase them! Fighting one of them would be challenging enough, but juggling two of them is next to impossible!

I’ve taken down a lot of bosses, but I’m honestly reaching a point of being kind of burned out on the game. Like the OP said, the map is far too vast, with too many dead spaces, and its….kind of depressing playing a game for hours, oftentimes with little to no reward. Also, as a SoulsBorne vet, one thing that feels off is the recovery time. If I’m knocked off of Torrent by a boss, it’s common for them to kill me while I recover from the knock down.

wur

Postby wur » June 9th, 2022, 6:57 am

I can’t imagine playing a game of this scope, at this age…

Dark Souls already seems intimidating enough, and I never even finished Breath of the Wild.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » September 2nd, 2022, 5:28 pm

It took me quite a while and a lot of work .
And most certainly didn’t do it on my own but
Got 100 percent on this on ps4 it was frustrating at times but still one of my favs

Return to “Modern Gaming”