Steam Deck.. did you order one?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
txsizzler

Steam Deck.. did you order one?

Postby txsizzler » June 20th, 2022, 7:58 pm

Well, after much waiting, my turn in the line finally came up. After ordering during the preorder sale in July 2021, I was finally able to place my order for the 512gb version of this system. Have any of you ordered or received this handheld PC gaming system? Thoughts?

Buttermancan

Re: Steam Deck.. did you order one?

Postby Buttermancan » June 21st, 2022, 6:30 am

I was certainly intrigued by the Steam deck. I've had issues with my pc of late and did consider a docked version of Steam Deck as a replacement but I'm thinking of going the mini pc route instead as I don't do much handheld gaming. Let us know what you think of the system.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 24th, 2022, 8:35 am

I would love one but too pricey for me at the moment. Hopefully, in the future, I can afford one. Plus a new Atari VCS but only if it comes down in price dramatically. Until then I will have to play with my PC or Xbox.

txsizzler

Postby txsizzler » July 14th, 2022, 12:35 pm

My Steam Deck came in. I gotta say, its pretty impressive for what it is! It reminds me of an oversized Switch system. Controls are good, although not perfected like you would get on an PS/XBOX controller. The 512GB model I bought came with an glare resistant screen, which is nice, although I have put a screen protector on since then. Game selection is pretty great, considering its using an APU setup from AMD. All in all, really nice, and the fact that you can do a linux install and use the Android Play store, really adds value to this system!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 15th, 2022, 4:09 am

txsizzler wrote:My Steam Deck came in. I gotta say, it's pretty impressive for what it is! It reminds me of an oversized Switch system. Controls are good, although not perfect like you would get on a PS/XBOX controller. The 512GB model I bought came with a glare-resistant screen, which is nice, although I have put a screen protector on since then. The game selection is pretty great, considering it's using an APU setup from AMD. All in all, really nice, and the fact that you can do a Linux install and use the Android Play store, really adds value to this system!

Thanks for the update. It is great to hear about this system for an actual user.

Return to “Modern Gaming”