So is this a physical release or not?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
C64_Critic

So is this a physical release or not?

Postby C64_Critic » February 22nd, 2024, 7:30 pm

I got this email from Sega about a new Monkey Ball game coming out for the Switch, and the link led me here:
https://bananarumble.com/index.html?lang=en
It looks like there are three different versions to choose from if you wish to pre-order, two of which specifically have 'digital' in their titles while the third does not and seems to come with physical goodies. But I can't tell from the webpage whether that comes with a physical release of the game itself or not?

Crummylion

Re: So is this a physical release or not?

Postby Crummylion » February 22nd, 2024, 7:52 pm

So the site has an option to choose from retailers, but it all links to the Shop for digital version? Why is it even there then? My best bet is the collector's edition is the only physical option and they've not got that up yet. That option says Coming Soon anyways, so that's more likely the case.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 22nd, 2024, 8:51 pm

This is actually a serious problem. When I buy games on Amazon, I have to check to make extra sure I'm getting the physical version. Sometimes it's not 100% clear so I feel as if I'm taking a gamble!

Obviously the game companies want you to buy the digital version so they can take your money without having to give you anything.

Quick_Man

Postby Quick_Man » February 22nd, 2024, 9:05 pm

The physical edition with the goodies is the same price (fifty bucks) as the digital standard which is at least nice that they're both the same price, but you're right, I have no idea whether that box will actually have a cart or just a download code. Personally I'm someone who doesn't mind buying games both digitally and physically, but I hate that selling a digital download code in a physical case has become so common that you genuinely can't tell nowadays.

Return to “Modern Gaming”