Xbox losing 3rd party support?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
txsizzler

Xbox losing 3rd party support?

Postby txsizzler » March 28th, 2024, 6:14 pm

An interesting article to say the least.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/26/xbox-sal ... 28507/amp/

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Xbox losing 3rd party support?

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 28th, 2024, 7:14 pm

Microsoft has been shooting itself in the foot since the Xbox One launch. It's bad enough Xbox sales are down, but then they act like they don't even care. So why should publishers care??

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 1st, 2024, 6:51 am

I used to love Xbox. 2 of the best games released. Halo and Gears of War were on the platform. They had project Gotham, which was much better than the weak Forza series. Then they started messing around with the games. Halo 5, dire. Gears of war 4 and 5 with a woman as the lead character. No more project gotham but hey more Forza with the same tracks. Yawn. Gears of war mobile? Dire. Gears RTS. Not the best idea. The game seems good but I am not into RTS.

Okay We got Starfield and Redfall to flawed masterpieces. Plus the hit High fi rush.

I got bored with games pass. £13 a month for games. 5 good games 100 I have no interest in. They replaced Games with Gold with Games pass core. 20 games you want to play plus you can play over live. Woo. Of the 20 games, I only played Gears 5 which i have on disk any way. So I got rid of it.
The one thing that is really good about the xbox is that you can play 360 games on it. Imagine my surprise when I found out that as I had dumped core, I could not play my 360 games that I bought on my Xbox series X. Oh well back to the 360 I guess.
Though Xbox losing 3rd party support. Well they will still have EA and Activision support. Plus Ubisoft. So the rest do not matter to most people.
Last thing to say on the subject. The metro newspaper is given away free on the tube and buses in London. It is basically a rag owned by the Daily Mail group. An ultra-right wing xenophobic but of nutters, who think the UK is still a superpower. Think New York Post and you have the right idea. They are hardly a gaming powerhouse.

Quick_Man

Postby Quick_Man » April 5th, 2024, 5:17 pm

Yup, it's a sister publication to the Daily Mail over here. Frustratingly most mainstream media here, including what they say about games, is very right-wing heavy. Best you'll get here to anything left-wing coverage is the Guardian, and they're very much fence-sitty centrists most times.

Anyway, I wouldn't rely on our country's mainstream news publications for gaming news or insights.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » April 7th, 2024, 1:24 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:I used to love Xbox. 2 of the best games released. Halo and Gears of War were on the platform. They had project Gotham, which was much better than the weak Forza series. Then they started messing around with the games. Halo 5, dire. Gears of war 4 and 5 with a woman as the lead character. No more project gotham but hey more Forza with the same tracks. Yawn. Gears of war mobile? Dire. Gears RTS. Not the best idea. The game seems good but I am not into RTS.

Okay We got Starfield and Redfall to flawed masterpieces. Plus the hit High fi rush.

I got bored with games pass. £13 a month for games. 5 good games 100 I have no interest in. They replaced Games with Gold with Games pass core. 20 games you want to play plus you can play over live. Woo. Of the 20 games, I only played Gears 5 which i have on disk any way. So I got rid of it.
The one thing that is really good about the xbox is that you can play 360 games on it. Imagine my surprise when I found out that as I had dumped core, I could not play my 360 games that I bought on my Xbox series X. Oh well back to the 360 I guess.
Though Xbox losing 3rd party support. Well they will still have EA and Activision support. Plus Ubisoft. So the rest do not matter to most people.
Last thing to say on the subject. The metro newspaper is given away free on the tube and buses in London. It is basically a rag owned by the Daily Mail group. An ultra-right wing xenophobic but of nutters, who think the UK is still a superpower. Think New York Post and you have the right idea. They are hardly a gaming powerhouse.

an ultra right wing newspaper sounds great to me..i wish we had A LOT more of that here instead of the LOONY left media

Quick_Man

Postby Quick_Man » April 7th, 2024, 10:02 am

>American legitimately thinks their media is somehow left-wing skewed despite the last two decades

Return to “Modern Gaming”