PS5 losing first party games

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

PS5 losing first party games

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 8th, 2024, 3:12 am

Shock horror and the Critic has bought 1. It is a sad tale that it looks like the Ps5 is running out of steam. According to the UK's number 1 source of gaming info, the ps5 is not doing as well as we thought.
More here.https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/04/ps5-will-see-smaller-first-party-games-this-year-including-astro-bot-claims-insider-20584044/?ico=just-in_gaming_most-shared

I have put this story in as a counterpoint to the Xbox Series X story. The metro loves to print any old pile of doo doo and say it is the truth.

Quick_Man

Re: PS5 losing first party games

Postby Quick_Man » April 8th, 2024, 9:22 am

The PS5 never had any big lineup of first party games ot begin with. This is why so many people stuck with the PS4.

DX_Receiver

Postby DX_Receiver » April 12th, 2024, 1:21 pm

This is what happens when you bet the farm on ultra high production values. All of a sudden, every game costs hundreds of millions of dollars to produce with 3+ year development cycles and an army of thousands of people actually making the thing. I’m hoping the success of Helldivers 2 proves not only to Sony but to gaming in general that the cinematic gaming model is broken and not worth the extravagant costs.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » April 15th, 2024, 11:54 pm

Helldivers is all the rage now and I’m gonna give it a shot myself but I’m not buying a PS5. With Sony and MS putting essentially everything on PC and ditching physical, why?

Bring back the console experience and I’m there. Plug n play. Complete games. Fun.

Return to “Modern Gaming”