Just when I praised the PS3's quality.....

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » November 10th, 2008, 9:11 pm

To fix the controller port issue on a Dreamcast, replace the 5 ohm resistor marked F1 on the controller port board with a 10 ohm resistor.  It was a common problem on the Dreamcast but this fix should take care of it and not go out on you again.

Viper821

Postby Viper821 » November 19th, 2008, 11:09 am

I just got my PS3 problem fixed and I have to say my experience with Sony's warranty service was outstanding! It took only a week from when I phoned Sony to receive a PS3 back (via overnight courier) and the one I got is either brand new or an excellent refurbishment. In these days of dreadful customer service, I have to give a thumbs up to Sony and their repair dealer. They had a clear procedure in place to handle problems and it went extremely smoothly.

I just hope this one doesn't give any problems!

Aaron

Postby Aaron » November 20th, 2008, 10:45 am

I am so glad to hear how well Sony handles repairs, all the more reason I need to stop being such a penny pincher and go get a PS3.  Probably the only excuse I can come up with now is wanting them to settle on a configuration.  I would love to see a large hard drive with full backwards compatibility and would hate to go purchase one now and find out a month later that they decided to release one with more features.  I know the 360 has a well deserved reputation for reliability issues but have to say in the last three years I have only had one issue with mine and it too was handled in under 10 days at no cost to me.  It is good to see companies stand behind their products and put forth an extra effort to make things right for their customers when they experience a problem.

Return to “Modern Gaming”