Halo Wars

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser1

Halo Wars

Postby ActRaiser1 » February 1st, 2009, 4:33 pm

Anyone interested in this game?  It's an RTS in the Halo universe by Ensemble Studios of Age of Empires fame. 

For me the must have aspects are it contains campaign co-op and the limited edition will have the Halo Mythic Map Pack.  I'm used to buying those anyways and it's thrown in.  I'm not really sure the rest of the extras justify the cost but Bungie has said there's no time table for getting the map pack except through the LE version of Halo Wars.

Anyone else going to pick it up?

Steve1

Halo Wars

Postby Steve1 » February 2nd, 2009, 7:07 am

For me, this is my most anticipated game of the year (so far). It also might be my first limited edition.....have not decided yet.

ActRaiser1

Halo Wars

Postby ActRaiser1 » February 4th, 2009, 4:48 pm

I checked out gamestop's website and the Limited Edition contains the following:

• Three New “Halo 3” Multiplayer Maps – Be one of the first to experience the Mythic Map Pack* which includes three new maps, “Assembly,” “Orbital” and “Sandbox”
  • Halo Wars: Genesis – a beautiful graphic novel by Phil Noto chronicling the first military campaign against the Covenant. The novel centers around the Sprit of Fire on a mission to discover why the Covenant are so interested in the world of Harvest
  • Unique In-game Vehicle – “Honor Guard” Wraith
  • Six Leader Cards – Leaders possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle
  • Spirit of Fire Patch – Start the journey as an official Spirit of Fire crew member

The graphic novel sold it for me, well, that and the Halo 3 map pack, of course.  Anyone else play Halo 3 online?

Return to “Modern Gaming”