Preordered Motion plus yet?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
steer

Postby steer » June 8th, 2009, 1:38 pm

Just a heads up - at Amazon I was able to preorder Sports Resort with an extra dongle for $65, with free 2 day shipping. That is not to bad a deal, but if someone has found a better one, let everyone know!

Also I see that Swords and Soldiers is available on Wiiware today, and Donkey Kong March of the Mini's on DSi. Both are pretty tempting, I think. Any imnpressions out there yet?

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » June 8th, 2009, 7:10 pm

The Tiger Woods 10 Motion Plus bundle should be coming in the mail this week along with an extra Motion Plus adapter. I've also pre-ordered Wii Sports Resort.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » June 8th, 2009, 10:46 pm

I might consider making a preorder at some point, but if I do it'll be the end of the month. I have Fight Night Round 4 and The Conduit lined up for end of the month trade-ins.

-Rob

steer

Postby steer » June 8th, 2009, 11:26 pm

Oh, and if anyone is on the fence - there is actually a decent video out now. It is about 3 minutes long, features gameplay almost exclusively (no worthless motion models) and feature I think all of the games.

This looks very impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5O9J3hT9Qg

Also as a note, the frisbee game also has a golf frisbee mode.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » June 9th, 2009, 7:53 am

I was going to hold off until Wii Sports Resort, but I may have to cave in for Grand Slam Tennis. I heard it's great!

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » June 9th, 2009, 9:35 pm

[QUOTE=BanjoPickles]

I was going to hold off until Wii Sports Resort, but I may have to cave in for Grand Slam Tennis. I heard it's great!

[/QUOTE]

It looks like Grand Slam Tennis is getting some pretty mixed reviews so far. I have a feeling some of these Motion Plus games will get a lot of mixed scores just for the fact that there will be a learning curve involved. Unlike traditional games where timing is key, good technique will be required, which could throw some gamers for a loop.

In one review of Grand Slam Tennis, IGN pretty much said the controls were excellent and gave it an 8.5/10. However, in another review I saw, it seemed the reviewer had a tough time grasping the controls and gave it a 5/10.

Anyways, if you get the game Banjo, I'll look forward to your impressions. I may rent this and Virtua Tennis before I decide if I want to buy either.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » June 9th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Tiger Woods PGA Tour isn't getting mixed reviews so far- everyone loves it. It might be the first golf game I ever buy!

-Rob

Return to “Modern Gaming”