MadWorld
No More Heroes
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Zack and Wiki
Excite Truck
Mario Strikers Charged

Do any of you recommend any other good Wii games?

Pixelcade1

What Wii games do you recommend?

Postby Pixelcade1 » December 31st, 2009, 12:50 pm

I have:

Mario Party 8 (wife)
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Mariokart
Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix (wife)
The Simpsons
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Bust a move Bash
PES 2009
Super Paper Mario
Carnival Games
A Boy and His Blob
Ghostbusters
Metal Slug Anthology
Battalion Wars 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles
Wii Sports

I recommend Metal Slug if you've never played any of the games. Great side scrolling shooting carnage. A boy and his blob is turning out to be very very fun. I think it's what they had in mind when they designed the NES and GB versions. The visuals are stunning. Ghostbusters is really fun if you are a fan of the movies, comics and cartoons. As you can tell I'm a RE fan so I'd recommend the games if zombies and end of the world situations are your thing. Paper Mario is a fun twist on the franchise giving the option of switching your view with the push of a button.

There are lots of games I want to try so I hope to see others post games. Good luck! And as far as Zelda goes the ONLY thing I liked about it was the opening screen rendition of the Zelda tune. I stopped playing after about 2 hours. Then again I didn't like Zelda when it went 3d to me it lost it's magic but to each his own.

I really want to try New Mario.

Michael D

Postby Michael D » December 31st, 2009, 1:20 pm

First of all, kudos to you for getting Wario Land: Shake It, because it's a great, high production 2D platformer that's one of the best and most unfairly overlooked games on the system and I think its a far better game than New Super Mario Bros Wii (it's not bad at all, but clearly, more love and craft was put into Wario's game).

As far as good Wii games go, I was a fan of Excitebots Trick Racing, which I've seen recently for as low as $15 (sans the wheel), so that might be a good choice.  I also can't recommend House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return enough, as its a fun and value packed collection of classic arcade shooters. Just make sure you pick up a $15 Nyko Perfect Shot to go along with it; although the Wii Zapper works OK, these games in particular benefit greatly from the Nyko accessory's pistol design. 

Also, assuming you don't already have it on PS2, get the Wii version of Okami, a beautiful, inventive, long, involving and very enjoyable adventure game that I'd actually say is a better game that even Zelda: Twilight Princess (it's also much cheaper). 

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » December 31st, 2009, 2:18 pm

No More Heroes - One of the most original games I've played on any system.  It's simple to play, fun and highly entertaining.  The slick stylished world looks great and cutting down fools with your "beam katana" simply never grows old.  The game perfectly uses the Wiimote for finishing moves and it feels great.  They have also used the Wii's capabilities in a few other unique and interesting ways.  I would track this one down before it becomes too hard to find.

Resident Evil 4 - If you've never experienced this game then you need to pick up the Wii version.  Quite simply it's one of the best action games available on the system...or any system for that matter.  The controls with the Wiimote make aiming super easy and incredibly fun.  Busting a cap in a villager's knee and then blowing their brains out while they lay on the ground is a tactic that just never gets old.

Rayman Raving Rabbids - Any of them...they are all hilarious and they are all worth getting.  Gather round some close friends and be prepared to laugh your asses off.

House of the Dead Returns (with Nyko Perfectshot) - I agree with Michael D on this one.  This is a timeless classic that will provide you with hours of entertainment value.

Zack and Wiki - If you want a fun brain burner you really can't go wrong with this one.  It has adorable graphics and interesting motion controls.  It's getting more difficult to find so I wouldn't hesistate to pull the trigger on this one.

Little King Story - A fun little game that is rather similar to Pikmin.  I've only played it for a little bit, but many others on the forum have been raving about this one...

New Play Control Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - If you missed this on the Gamecube than you owe it to yourself to get the Wii version.  One of the best platformers I've ever played.

David

Postby David » December 31st, 2009, 2:46 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]
Rayman Raving Rabbids - Any of them...they are all hilarious and they are all worth getting.  Gather round some close friends and be prepared to laugh your asses off.
[/QUOTE]
I was playing the second one at Christmas with my family and had a great time.  My sister and I are pretty competitive which made it even more fun.  I love that cell phone game!

Devon

Postby Devon » December 31st, 2009, 3:35 pm

Thanks a lot, everybody! I'm definitely gonna look into Rayman Raving Rabbids a little more.

Shogun1

Postby Shogun1 » December 31st, 2009, 7:49 pm

There are some pretty good compilations from SNK which are SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Metal Slug Anthology, and King of Fighters Collection. If you are into arcade and/or fighting games then those are pretty good values. Some other good compilations are House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

If you like Hydro Thunder (I'd like to see another one) then you will like Excite Truck and Excitebots.Sin & Punishment 2 should be coming out sometime soon. If you like Panzer Dragoon or if you are a Treasure fan then that would be a good game to pick up. Then there is Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom which comes out late January. If you like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 or fighting games in general then that should be a good fighting game to pick up.

There are some interesting 2D games. Klonoa, A Boy and His Blob, and Muramasa: The Demon Blade are your best bets.

Julio III

Postby Julio III » January 1st, 2010, 8:54 am

Out of the games on your list I would definitely recommend WarioWare. It is just stupid fun and great alone or with friends. It is also a good introduction to the WiiMotes control capabilities. I didn't get along with Boom Blox. Only played it about an hour in total as I didn't enjoy any of it - I don't understand the praise. I had good times with No More Heroes - definitely one to get if you are videogame geek.

Other Wii games I had a great time with:

Kororinpa - in this you simply tilt a platform to guide a marble along the maze/path. The Wii controls are perfect for this and it is the most 3D game I have ever played (well, maybe this and Mario Galaxy are tied). Good videogamey repeat to beat your best times gameplay. However, I tried out the sequel, but only for about 30 minutes but I think they've done something dodgy with the controls/slipperyness of the marble, so definitely pick the original over it.

Ghost Squad - best lightgun game I've played on the system. You can complete it quickly in one sitting as its an arcade game but the game makes you want to play it over and over as each time you finish it you unlock new routes and bits of the game so each time you play you always get something new.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies - if you don't own Geometry Wars on the Xbox 360 this is a must buy. Addictive twin stick top down 2D shooter goodness.

And if you are happy to download games then I recommend Bit.Trip Beat and LostWinds.

Return to “Modern Gaming”