strategy PSP games

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
voor

strategy PSP games

Postby voor » January 21st, 2010, 7:09 am

Know of any good real time strat games for the PSP.  I'm really not into turn-based stuff (Advance Wars, etc).

I havent played the Lord of the Rings tactics or Socom tactics, so I'm not sure what they're exactly like, and the doing a search only yielded Papaton as a RTS.

Any suggestions?  Even 'tactical shooters' would suffice.  Thanks.

David

strategy PSP games

Postby David » January 21st, 2010, 4:47 pm

I haven't tried it, but Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe is supposed to be very good.  I think it's more of a tower defense thing rather than an RTS game, but might be in the same ballpark.  The problem is that it's download only I believe, which is the reason why I haven't gotten around to picking it up.  I can't think of too many RTS type games on the PSP as opposed to the numerous turn-based ones. 

voor

strategy PSP games

Postby voor » January 24th, 2010, 7:17 pm

Thanks, I checked out a couple of videos and it looks perfect.  Simple, easy to learn, yet can get deep and challenging.

One question though, how do you download PSP games (I've only had my unit about 2 weeks...)

David

strategy PSP games

Postby David » January 25th, 2010, 2:46 pm

All you need to do is have access to a wireless internet connection, then from the PSP menu go to the Playstation Store.  You'll need to set up a Playstation Network account if you don't already have one and you'll be all set to go. 

Return to “Modern Gaming”