Blur and the lousy PS3 controller

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Blueguy93

Postby Blueguy93 » October 3rd, 2010, 11:41 am

Can we expect to see a Blur review soon, Dave? I heard great things about it (the 360 version), but it would be interesting to see how the PS3 version is.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 3rd, 2010, 10:14 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy93]Can we expect to see a Blur review soon, Dave? I heard great things about it (the 360 version), but it would be interesting to see how the PS3 version is.[/QUOTE]

I started reviewing it and wasn't particularly impressed.  Hopefully I will finish that soon but currently occupied by Halloween games...

a_v

Postby a_v » October 12th, 2010, 7:41 pm

[QUOTE=Hardcore_Sadism]How does one compare the SNES controller to the Playstation controller?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the factual accuracy is 100%, but this is an interesting rad. http://nfgworld.com/mb/thread/452-Sony-Playstation-Pad

MrLuck

Postby MrLuck » November 3rd, 2010, 11:19 pm

You should use your middle fingers to hold down the trigger buttons.  Every time someone complains about the PS3 controller that is always the problem.  I have 14 platinum trophies and I love the PS3 controller.

JesusSaves

Postby JesusSaves » November 4th, 2010, 6:16 am

[QUOTE=MrLuck]You should use your middle fingers to hold down the trigger buttons.  Every time someone complains about the PS3 controller that is always the problem.  I have 14 platinum trophies and I love the PS3 controller.
[/QUOTE]
I don't have a Playstation 3, but with the PS2 I always used my middle fingers for the R2/L2 buttons. What else DO you use?

MrLuck

Postby MrLuck » November 4th, 2010, 4:54 pm

[QUOTE=JesusSaves][QUOTE=MrLuck]You should use your middle fingers to hold down the trigger buttons.  Every time someone complains about the PS3 controller that is always the problem.  I have 14 platinum trophies and I love the PS3 controller.
[/QUOTE]
I don't have a Playstation 3, but with the PS2 I always used my middle fingers for the R2/L2 buttons. What else DO you use?
[/QUOTE]

"my right index finger started cramping from holding in the lower right trigger."

Apparently a lot of people use their index fingers to push the L2 and R2 buttons, including the video game critic.  It never made any sense to me.  It's extremely uncomfortable like that and you don't have quick access to all 4 shoulder buttons.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » November 4th, 2010, 5:07 pm

Index fingers for L2 and R2?That's not intuitive at all.

Blueguy93

Postby Blueguy93 » November 4th, 2010, 6:27 pm

[QUOTE=MrLuck][QUOTE=JesusSaves][QUOTE=MrLuck]You should use your middle fingers to hold down the trigger buttons.  Every time someone complains about the PS3 controller that is always the problem.  I have 14 platinum trophies and I love the PS3 controller.
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

"my right index finger started cramping from holding in the lower right trigger."

Apparently a lot of people use their index fingers to push the L2 and R2 buttons, including the video game critic.  It never made any sense to me.  It's extremely uncomfortable like that and you don't have quick access to all 4 shoulder buttons.

[/QUOTE]

You might as well plug a freaking PS2 controller into the PS3 controller Port!! How could a big name like Sony screw up? By pulling an EA by making extremely lazy control designs. I have the feeling that Sony's more interesting into 3DTV's than providing their customers with quality gameplay. Want a sports game? Go for the 360 version. I know the 360 is prone to RROD's, but AT LEAST the controls are well designed and the games don't take forever to load.

a1

Postby a1 » November 4th, 2010, 9:00 pm

[QUOTE=Roperious]Index fingers for L2 and R2?That's not intuitive at all.[/QUOTE]

That's what I do. It seems to make more sense to use middle fingers for L2 and R2 but I don't find it comfortable.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » November 4th, 2010, 9:31 pm

I've always used my index finger for the trigger buttons.

I've never heard of anyone using their middle finger to do so, and I can't imagine it would be very comfortable over extended periods (Such as holding down the right trigger for the accelerator in a racing game).

Return to “Modern Gaming”