New Kinect Titles

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

New Kinect Titles

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 17th, 2011, 7:08 pm

There are two Kinect title out (or coming) that look pretty good.  Child of Eden is supposed to be some kind of psychadelic shooter.   There's also a survival horror game by Sega which sound like you're moving through a virtual haunted house.  I'm pretty sure I'll buy both of these.

Luke

New Kinect Titles

Postby Luke » June 17th, 2011, 10:33 pm

I'd rather wait for Child of Eden on PS3. It's going to support Move and is also rumored to be in stereoscopic 3D.

Of course I don't own a PS3 or 3D tv yet. But I will eventually, and I think it will be the best version when it comes out (in September, I think?).

Julio III

New Kinect Titles

Postby Julio III » June 18th, 2011, 8:13 am

Child of Eden is a semi-sequel to Rez (Dreamcast, PS2, XBLA) and can be played with the controller. I bought (well, had it on pre-order) and played it quite a bit yesterday. If you loved Rez you'll love it. Turn the lights off and hook your Xbox up to some big speakers for a great experience. Its quite different to Rez stylistically though which may not be to everyone's tastes.

a1

New Kinect Titles

Postby a1 » June 18th, 2011, 1:34 pm

I'm looking forward to both. Child of Eden is out already, but I plan on waiting for it to go down in price.

And why would you wait for it to come out on PS3 so you can play it with move? It was designed for Kinect, so I can only imagine that'll be the better way to play it.

Luke

New Kinect Titles

Postby Luke » June 18th, 2011, 4:45 pm

[QUOTE=a]I'm looking forward to both. Child of Eden is out already, but I plan on waiting for it to go down in price.

And why would you wait for it to come out on PS3 so you can play it with move? It was designed for Kinect, so I can only imagine that'll be the better way to play it.
[/QUOTE]Well for one, I prefer Move over Kinect. Second, a lot of people (gamers/critics/reviewers/etc) seem to agree that the game controls much better with the 360 controller versus Kinect due to obvious control lag response times. Third, I think seeing this game in 3D could blow a lot of minds. 

0-Storm

New Kinect Titles

Postby 0-Storm » June 19th, 2011, 12:13 am

Glad to see that Kinect is coming out w/some 360-like games & not just more Wii-like ones.

Julio III

New Kinect Titles

Postby Julio III » June 21st, 2011, 5:21 am

Most people I've heard who have experienced it with Kinect say that it is better than with the controller - but mostly due to the slow cursor speed of the controller setup. Ever since the Wii came out I knew that pointer (eg Move) controls would be perfect for this game.

Michael D

New Kinect Titles

Postby Michael D » June 21st, 2011, 8:53 pm

You may want to play and review Rez before Child of Eden, seeing as the latter is the spiritual successor to the former.  Don't know if you have Rez already (either on PS2, which is really expensive now, or for download on the 360 for $10), but if not, it's worth getting and if so, it's worth pulling out for a review.

bluemonkey1

New Kinect Titles

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 22nd, 2011, 4:02 pm

[QUOTE=Julio III]Most people I've heard who have experienced it with Kinect say that it is better than with the controller - but mostly due to the slow cursor speed of the controller setup. .[/QUOTE]

Funnily over on the other forum I frequent (ntsc-uk) it's been resoundingly the other way around with most people saying the Kinect is the only way to play. Many even claim some parts of the game are just too hard with the pad.  Not sure where you are getting the slow cursor speed from as I can clear the screen with Kinect far faster than with a pad and the latency hasn't been noticable at all so far.

ActRaiser1

New Kinect Titles

Postby ActRaiser1 » June 22nd, 2011, 6:13 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

[QUOTE=Julio III]Most people I've heard who have experienced it with Kinect say that it is better than with the controller - but mostly due to the slow cursor speed of the controller setup. .[/QUOTE]

Funnily over on the other forum I frequent (ntsc-uk) it's been resoundingly the other way around with most people saying the Kinect is the only way to play. Many even claim some parts of the game are just too hard with the pad.  Not sure where you are getting the slow cursor speed from as I can clear the screen with Kinect far faster than with a pad and the latency hasn't been noticable at all so far.
[/QUOTE]

eh, you two are agreeing with each other...

Return to “Modern Gaming”