Wii Loses Another Exclusive: Goldeneye 007 Headed To PS3 & 360

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Julio III

Postby Julio III » July 22nd, 2011, 5:56 pm

[QUOTE=0-Storm]

I was happy to see Resident Evil 4 come to the PS2, but this feels different. Goldeneye feels like its Nintendo to me. The original never left the N64 so I guess I feel like this remake should stay on the Wii. The other reason is that the 360 & PS3 already have a ton of fps's. I doubt Goldeneye can really compete with Call of Duty so why not leave it on the Wii?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, because most Call of Duties haven't already been released on the Wii and sell like hotcakes there too?

The Perfect Dark remake (and the sequel  (or prequel or whatever)) both came out on the 360, and they are just as N64-specific as Goldeneye.

Besides, in my mind, all other Goldeneye games are completely unrelated to the first. The real Goldeneye game chronology goes Goldeneye -> Perfect Dark -> Timesplitters series.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » July 22nd, 2011, 7:27 pm

[QUOTE=0-Storm]I was happy to see Resident Evil 4 come to the PS2, but this feels different. Goldeneye feels like its Nintendo to me. The original never left the N64 so I guess I feel like this remake should stay on the Wii. The other reason is that the 360 & PS3 already have a ton of fps's. I doubt Goldeneye can really compete with Call of Duty so why not leave it on the Wii? [/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that people still are under the mistaken assumption that this is a remake of the Nintendo 64 game from Rare.

It's an original game that just happens to be based on the same movie IP. Sure, it takes some inspiration from the N64 game and it's carrying the Goldeneye branding, in part, to get those that loved the original  to purchase it.

But it's an original game. It isn't a remake and the Nintendo 64 game isn't appearing on different platforms.

Luke

Postby Luke » July 29th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Hey, just in case anybody is still interested in buying the Wii version... you can now buy Goldeneye 007 brand new at Gamestop for $9.99! I'm going to go pickup my copy in a couple hours.

Btw, I recommend calling your local Gamestop's and asking if they still have a sealed copy. That's what I did. Then you don't get one with stickers or handprints all over it.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » July 29th, 2011, 10:22 pm

@Luke,

You're the man.  Just picked my copy up tonight - brand new, sealed, and because I used $10 worth of Gamestop points, I got it for free.  I thought for a second that maybe I'd rather have it on the PS3 in HD, but then the employee let me in on a little secret.  The PS3/360 game ("Reloaded") is a completely different game.  It won't be the usual $30 reissue price, it's going to be $60.  Just like any other new game.  So $10 on the Wii was definitely the way to go.  Thanks for letting us know about this deal.  Great buy.

Return to “Modern Gaming”