The Pinball Arcade (coming early 2012)

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Robotrek

Re: The Pinball Arcade (coming early 2012)

Postby Robotrek » May 9th, 2018, 11:52 am

Now's a good time to end the project anyway. They've got all the great tables they could possibly have. They should just hurry up, and press a "The Pinball Arcade: Complete Collection" disk while they still have the license. Retail it for 60 bucks.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 13th, 2018, 7:00 am

Here's a list of the Bally and Williams tables going away at the end of next month.

The Addams Family (Season 4)
    Attack from Mars (Season 1)
    Banzai Run (Season 7)
    Black Knight (Season 1)
    Black Knight 2000 (Season 3)
    Black Rose (Season 3)
    Bram Stoker's Dracula (Season 3)
    Cactus Canyon (Season 2)
    Centaur (Season 2)
    The Champion Pub (Season 2)
    Cirqus Voltaire (Season 1)
    Creature from the Black Lagoon (Season 1)
    Cyclone (Season 4)
    Diner (Season 3)
    Doctor Who (Season 6)
    Dr. Dude & HIs Excellent Ray (Season 2)
    Earthshaker (Season 4)
    Eight Ball Deluxe (Season 6)
    Elvira and the Party Monsters (Season 1)
    F-14 Tomcat (Season 5)
    Fathom (Season 7)
    Fireball (Season 5)
    Firepower (Season 2)
    Firepower II (Season 7)
    Fish Tales (Season 3)
    Fun House (Season 1)
    The Getaway: High Speed 2 (Season 5)
    Gorgar (Season 1)
    High Speed (Season 3)
    Hurricane (Season 5)
    Indianapolis 500 (Season 6)
    Jack Bot (Season 4)
    Judge Dredd (Season 5)
    Junk Yard (Season 3)
    The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot (Season 1)
    Medieval Madness (Season 1)
    Monster Bash (Season 1)
    No Fear: Dangerous Sports (Season 5)
    No Good Gofers (Season 1)
    Paragon (Season 7)
    The Party Zone (Season 4)
    PIN•BOT (Season 2)
    Red and Ted's Road Show (Season 4)
    Safe Cracker (Season 4)
    Scared Stiff (Season 1)
    Sorcerer (Season 7)
    Space Shuttle (Season 2)
    Spanish Eyes (Season 7)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation (Season 1)
    Swords Of Fury (Season 6)
    Tales of the Arabian Nights (Season 1)
    Taxi (Season 1)
    Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Season 2)
    Theatre of Magic (Season 1)
    Twilight Zone (Season 1)
    White Water (Season 2)
    Whirlwind (Season 2)
    WHO Dunnit (Season 3)
    Wild Card (Season 7)
    World Champion Soccer (Season 7)
    Xenon (Season 4)

Steve

Postby Steve » May 13th, 2018, 11:10 pm

I've been playing some of the trials of seasons 3-7 as long as it is an opportunity and noticed something interesting. They are still charging full price ($29.99) for season 7 and many (5 of 11) aren't even released on Xbox One. 4 of those 5 are Williams tables so I'm assuming they won't be released. Kind of misleading to charge for these

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 26th, 2018, 5:15 am

Wasn't cheap, but thanks to a 20% off coupon, I just bought the season passes for seasons 3-7 for the PS4 to finish off the series.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » May 26th, 2018, 8:08 am

Atariboy wrote:Wasn't cheap, but thanks to a 20% off coupon, I just bought the season passes for seasons 3-7 for the PS4 to finish off the series.

I was curious how you got 20% off so I googled PlayStation store 20% coupon, and I think I figured out how you did it and it looks like it expired less than a day ago.

Ugh.

I have seasons 1 and 2 on disc, and I bought season 5 a few months ago when it was 50% off. I was hoping to eventually find the other seasons on sale but I guess that's not going to happen. Guess I'll just buy a few of the tables that I want the most.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 26th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Yeah, sounds like you saw what I did. I watched a trailer for that new game from the guy that produced Indigo Prophecy, which gave me a discount code. I didn't use it to purchase his game though. :)

I also cleared my account a while back to receive promotional e-mails from Sony since they have a weekly e-mail newsletter that occasionally includes a 20% coupon code. I was hoping to get one before the end of next month when Pinball Arcade becomes a shadow of its former self. Yet like so many other people that don't receive it, over two weeks have passed and no sign of their newsletter in any of my e-mail folders.

I guess Sony doesn't deem me worthy of getting added to their mailing list for their mysterious e-mail newsletter, lol. Sony in other regions has an actual sign-up for their newsletter, but not their North American arm. Nobody really knows how one gets added to the mailing list here.
Last edited by Atariboy on August 11th, 2019, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 31st, 2018, 9:54 pm

Have any of you bought the season 7 pass for the PS4?

I'm having some difficulty here. I bought it like the other season passes, and proceeded to "buy" the now free standard version of each individual table pack like I had to do for most of the previous seasons (Some tables would appear automatically in my download list, but most didn't).

The problem is that Paragon is AWOL on the Playstation Store and the last three tables aren't free like they're supposed to be for me after buying the season pass. So I only have the season 7 pass and six of the 10 individual tables showing up in my download list.

Is this step necessary for me in order to have these four tables? I'm not currently a Playstation 4 owner, or I'd just fire up Pinball Arcade and see if these four are unlocked for me like they're supposed to be. I'm instead buying everything through the PC storefront for the Playstation Store.

snakeboy wrote:I have seasons 1 and 2 on disc, and I bought season 5 a few months ago when it was 50% off.

I own seasons 1 & 2 on disc, but I don't actually own a PS4 just yet. So i wondered if you've had any difficulty with season 2 integrating with the rest of Pinball Arcade?

It's a European release and is of course region free, but does it confuse Pinball Arcade to be mixing up US and Euro versions of their content? Are you able to patch those tables and post scores to the leaderboards with your North American account
Last edited by Atariboy on June 1st, 2018, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » May 31st, 2018, 10:53 pm

Atariboy wrote:
snakeboy wrote:I have seasons 1 and 2 on disc, and I bought season 5 a few months ago when it was 50% off.

I own seasons 1 & 2 on disc, but like my previous post says, I don't actually own a PS4. So i wondered if you've had any difficulty with season 2 integrating with the rest of Pinball Arcade?

It's a European release and is of course region free, but does it confuse Pinball Arcade to be mixing up US and Euro versions of their content? Are you able to patch those tables and post scores to the leaderboards with your North American account?

Yes, I can download patches and post scores to the leaderboard with my NA account.

The only problem that I've encountered is that I don't have access to the season 5 tables when I have the season
2 disc inserted (but I can play those tables with the season 1 disc).

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » June 8th, 2018, 10:07 am

Multiple sources are saying that season 7 is now complete on the Xbox One.

As for my PS4 troubles that I posted about earlier, it's all fixed. Farsight had to delist the Paragon table due to a copyright issue, so gave me a download code to get the pro version showing in my download list. And the last three season 7 tables now have a free version up on the store for season pass owners.

Return to “Modern Gaming”