Halo 4

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser1

Halo 4

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 10th, 2012, 1:58 pm

From what I've read so far the new developers, 343, have taken the multiplayer in a new direction.

They've made the multiplayer part of the canon with a year long effort of providing weekly missions with voiced over cutscenes.  Think of them as mini firefight or co-op levels.  Up to 4 people can tackle a mission at once.  

They'll still provide the usual playlists for Spartan on Spartan slayer and CTF.

The next cool thing I read is that they're providing 3 forge maps, each with unique building sets, dynamic lighting, and increased budget.  This should avoid all of the forge maps looking like big grey boxes.  Two maps have been shown so far.  The first is called Ravine and has grass, rock, and blue skies.  The second, announced yesterday, takes place in space.  Kind of cool.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

darkrage61

Halo 4

Postby darkrage61 » October 10th, 2012, 2:25 pm

WellI have no interest in the multi-player, though the main game itself looks good.  Still i'm not super-excited about it like I am for Medal Of Honor: Warfighter, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, and Hitman Absolution, so i'll probably wait til the price goes down before getting it.

HardcoreSadism1

Halo 4

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » October 21st, 2012, 11:23 pm

Lurking from the shadows to give my opinion...

I'm super excited, I mean I play more Halo than anything else on my Xbox (Because my classic playstation phase is back up and running.....) and really this two-week gap couldn't close faster....

darkrage61

Halo 4

Postby darkrage61 » October 22nd, 2012, 12:05 am

I enjoy the Halo series well enough, but i'm not convinced that a new trilogy is really necessary, I will play it at some point once the price now.  But right now i'm much excited about Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Black Ops 2.

ActRaiser1

Halo 4

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 22nd, 2012, 9:45 am

We're almost two weeks out!

I can't wait.  I think part of it is the awesome campaign.  They've released trailers showing off the Mantis.  It's a mech with a chain gun and rocket launchers.  The idea of controlling a mech and waylaying everything feels like a great way to introduce some diversity in the single player.

343 in their weekly update has some concept art posted for the Mantis before they settled on the current design.  It looks like they toyed with the idea of a Gundam style mech suit for the Master Chief to wear.  Kind of funny to think of a guy in a suit of armor climbing into another full on suit of armor.  

anikamorris1

Halo 4

Postby anikamorris1 » October 27th, 2012, 4:21 am

The forthcoming “Halo 4” video game, a real-life “Warthog,” a futuristic jeep-like vehicle in the games, has been produced already! Isn't it exciting? The automobile is being shown off at this year's SEMA show. Get a used car buy that is ideal for you.

Calysma1

Halo 4

Postby Calysma1 » October 27th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Has anyone else here watched the live-action "Forward Unto Dawn" web-series they've put out to promote this game? I came across it on YouTube last week and I've found it really gripping—and considering I hardly watch any TV shows regularly these days, that's saying a lot.

Weekend_Warrior1

Halo 4

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » October 28th, 2012, 9:55 am

@ Actraiser - I haven't seen videos or concept art for the Mantis. But it definetly sounds like they borrowed that idea from Killzone 2. And that's ok, because the mech levels were a lot of fun in KZ2

ActRaiser1

Halo 4

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 29th, 2012, 8:52 am

[QUOTE=anikamorris]The forthcoming “Halo 4” video game, a real-life “Warthog,” a futuristic jeep-like vehicle in the games, has been produced already! Isn't it exciting? The automobile is being shown off at this year's SEMA show. Get a used car buy that is ideal for you.[/QUOTE]

Cool find.  Thanks for posting.

ActRaiser1

Halo 4

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 29th, 2012, 8:56 am

[QUOTE=Calysma]Has anyone else here watched the live-action "Forward Unto Dawn" web-series they've put out to promote this game? I came across it on YouTube last week and I've found it really gripping—and considering I hardly watch any TV shows regularly these days, that's saying a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're surprisingly good.  I've watched the first 3 and need to watch the fourth one.  It looks like the Chief makes an appearance in this one.  The guy that played Colossus in the X-Men movies is playing the part of the Chief, while the voice acting goes to Steve Downes.  Kind of cool.

Return to “Modern Gaming”