Night Trap!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
velcrozombie1

Night Trap!

Postby velcrozombie1 » May 21st, 2014, 8:55 pm

There may be other games that have paid tribute to the trashy, low-budget FMV aesthetic, but the only one I'm aware of is the DLC for a 360 Kinect game called The Gunstringer. Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQbv9Rw8aJI

m0zart1

Night Trap!

Postby m0zart1 » May 21st, 2014, 10:27 pm

[QUOTE=scotland17]Well, you could cast Amanda Bynes instead...oh wait. Hmmm...maybe go for a younger actress like Miley Cyrus....oh wait. Seriously though, Night Trap is as 80s as a Michael Jackson music video. Like totally fossil. May as well refilm it with the cast of Victorious or Shake it Up or something. [/QUOTE]

I actually think it's pretty early 90s myself. [tongue]

And yeah, I'd totally play it again.

scotland171

Night Trap!

Postby scotland171 » May 22nd, 2014, 5:30 am

Actually the FMV footage of Night Trap is late 80s, just the game we know and love is the product of a corporate journey until released in the early 90s.

In honor of the Americanized version of Godzilla with Raymond Burr, I think Night Trap would resonate better by being temporally localized by editing in contemporary celebrities and setting elements. Man, temporally localized...must be on Dr Who withdrawal.

Wallyworld1

Night Trap!

Postby Wallyworld1 » May 22nd, 2014, 11:51 am

Weird bit of trivia here. Did you know the actor that played the evil boss in Sewer Shark "Stenchler" is also the same actor that played in Total Recall. His character was the guy that was Arnold's supposed best friend that worked in the quarry with him. Spoiler! The character was actually a spy and implanted memory working for Recall.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Night Trap!

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 22nd, 2014, 5:24 pm

As a fan of the game, I'd love to see an updated version with HD graphics, randomized events, a better scoring system, and maybe deleted scenes.

If they re-filmed the whole thing it obviously would not have that late-80's vibe, which is a big part of the charm of the original.

Either way I'd jump on this.

Return to “Modern Gaming”