Earthbound (SNES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Earthbound (SNES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 21st, 2022, 7:49 pm

So I'm in Fourson and Paula has been kidnapped by an alien in a department store. Any idea how to kill this guy? The FAQs say to use your bottle rockets, but I already used them up!!

Wehrwolf

Postby Wehrwolf » January 21st, 2022, 8:04 pm

Voor wrote:So, when you bought the game NEW back in the day, it came with a players guide? Had that ever been done before? They must have anticipated that folks would struggle with it.

Phantasy Star 2 had included one as well.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » January 21st, 2022, 8:42 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:So I'm in Fourson and Paula has been kidnapped by an alien in a department store. Any idea how to kill this guy? The FAQs say to use your bottle rockets, but I already used them up!!

I know your pain having to deal with this abomination! You can also use Ness' current highest level PSI Attack, and have Jeff use either bottle rockets, bombs, and perhaps the HP Sucker, if not go for general offense.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » January 22nd, 2022, 4:22 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:So I'm in Fourson and Paula has been kidnapped by an alien in a department store. Any idea how to kill this guy? The FAQs say to use your bottle rockets, but I already used them up!!

https://forum.starmen.net/forum/Games/Mother2/44364

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » January 22nd, 2022, 4:33 am

Wehrwolf wrote:
Voor wrote:So, when you bought the game NEW back in the day, it came with a players guide? Had that ever been done before? They must have anticipated that folks would struggle with it.

Ditto Sword of Vermilion and the Gateway series on PC. Also, a Lunar game had theirs in hardcover.

Voor

Postby Voor » February 6th, 2022, 6:43 pm

We close to a review? Been REALLY excited to finally see this one.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 6th, 2022, 10:22 pm

I beat the alien in the dept store, so that's progress. Stay tuned...

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » February 7th, 2022, 9:59 am

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:
Wehrwolf wrote:

Ditto Sword of Vermilion and the Gateway series on PC. Also, a Lunar game had theirs in hardcover.

I've heard that Phantasy Star III and IV had a similar inclusion.

Starflight (Genesis) came with a mini-novella that was included in the VERY large manual, which served as a light guide for several key aspects. Need to dig out my copy again, I recall that was a good manual to read in general.

SimCity SNES also included a glorified mini-guide in its manual as well.

There were several other games that included guides in the manual for playing up to a certain point, though this would be a very long list.

As for Earthbound itself... I've tried to get in to playing it, and just can't find the interest to keep going, especially with the laundry list of other RPGs that are available that get my interest, such as Saga Frontier, Romancing Saga 2 + 3, Star Ocean, and Dragon Quest XI (and Alliance Alive Switch, need to get back to that one...).

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » February 7th, 2022, 10:00 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I beat the alien in the dept store, so that's progress. Stay tuned...

Breaker

Postby Breaker » February 8th, 2022, 1:19 pm

MSR1701 wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:I beat the alien in the dept store, so that's progress. Stay tuned...

I love Airplane! - it has to be one of my favorite movies ever. So many perfect gags and one-liners.

Return to “Now Playing”