Jurassic World Evolution (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Jurassic World Evolution (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 21st, 2022, 1:08 pm

Wow what a dumpster fire. The game doesn't really tell you what to do and I wasted about an hour flailing with the controls and non-intuitive user interface. I think I might have to watch a YouTube video just to figure out how to make some progress.

So far I'm hating it.

Cafeman

Re: Jurassic World Evolution (PS4)

Postby Cafeman » May 23rd, 2022, 12:38 pm

I watched YT videos for tips for JWE. No shame. I grew to love playing it and it consumed entire weekends of my time. Once you start raking in the bucks and learn to have 2 3-jeep ranger stations staggered across the park, things get more manageable. I was always running short on power and had to solve that.

Some dinosaurs are major pains. Stegs need like 4 buddies or they bust out. Same with Maiosaurs. Ankylosaurs need a partner, but cant stand being around most others.

You can put raptor ( or spitters) in the same pen as a Rex. They will leave each other alone iirc. Just give them room, trees, and live bait. But some other big carnivores try to kill anything else in the same pen. I'm forgetting details, it's been half a year.

After a while, I enjoyed just riding through my parks, watching the animals, or pitting dinos against each other, and just doing the sandbox thing.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2022, 8:07 pm

I can't even get past the power part, which is one of the very first things.

It tells me to give power to the exhibition place, whatever that is. I'm placing all sorts of power stages and wires all over the place but nothing happens.

This game is garbage.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2022, 8:13 pm

Just watched a video which explained some basic concepts, like there's a green circle showing which area has power. Also, I learned where the power station is. I mean, I see all these buildings but I have no idea what they are or what they do. You'd think you could just point and click for this basic info, but the interface is ASS.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » May 23rd, 2022, 10:24 pm

Here comes an F- ...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2022, 11:08 pm

If you're a video game, you really don't want to get on my bad side.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 24th, 2022, 11:08 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:If you're a video game, you really don't want to get on my bad side.

I have it on Xbox1. I could not get into it at all. It think it was free with Games with Gold.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » May 24th, 2022, 1:24 pm

And some reviews complained the park management is not detailed enough!

As a dinosaur and JP fan, I'd rate the PS4 version a B+ or A-. A few things frustrated me and there is a learning curve, but I got past them each time. The things that annoyed me included frequent sabotage and storms at some points of the game. For a while, all I was doing were repairs and tranquilizing certain dinos and recollecting them. But then it would ease up and I got back to the fun of building new features, raising more animals and pleasing the crowds.

The version I bought was not expensive, under $10 I think, and came preloaded with at least 1 of the DLC packs. The graphics and music are all just incredible to me. I love when Ian Malcolm speaks up, too. Actually all 3 of the OG cast are in there, as you can do missions for each.

Didn't play the sequel yet.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 26th, 2022, 12:51 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:If you're a video game, you really don't want to get on my bad side.

I have it on Xbox1. I could not get into it at all. It think it was free with Games with Gold.

It is like Tropico with Dinosaurs. I get the idea but I am not great at these management sims. I did think it was a lot easier than you were making out. Though I guess I am on the superior Xbox 1 so maybe things are not as good on PlayedoutStation.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 26th, 2022, 8:11 pm

It may be that I just don't have the patience for this game. It feels like homework. And I keep working myself into a corner where I don't have any money to do anything. Frankly, I never know how much money I even have. Do I need to watch another YouTube video to learn that?

This game sucks man.

Return to “Now Playing”