Jurassic Park (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Jurassic Park (Genesis)

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 19th, 2022, 11:33 am

I was just playing this and noticed its copyright was 1992 - a year before the film. It occurred to me that the game doesn't have a heck of a lot to do with the film, outside of the dinosaurs. I guess the game designers only had bits and pieces to go on.

That would explain the raft level, which was cut from the film (I'd like to see that footage by the way). It also explains why the stages are so generic. I mean, you have the jungle, power station, sewers... these are the kinds of locations you find in any generic platformer.

Also, the music is obviously not from the film, which is unfortunately. The music in stage two just sounds bizarre.

I still think it's pretty fun but wish it had closer ties to the film.

matmico399

Re: Jurassic Park (Genesis)

Postby matmico399 » June 19th, 2022, 7:37 pm

It's still my favorite JP game of all. I had a lot of fun with this back in the 90s. Most of the others are just bleh.

Cafeman

Re: Jurassic Park (Genesis)

Postby Cafeman » June 20th, 2022, 1:55 am

I loved the Rex segments in the Xbox King Kong game, including the raft sequence. Obviously inspired by the book Jurassic Park.

I dig the music in Genesis JP, but I always wondered why there was new John Williams music. Was it too expensive to license?

Return to “Now Playing”