Bee 52 (NES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Bee 52 (NES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 25th, 2023, 10:18 am

Someone recommended this for the Spring Special and they were right on target! This is the embodiment of Spring! You have a bee buzzing around, collecting nectar from flowers while avoiding other bugs. Great graphics and animation.

What's strange is the cartridge, which is silver with a switch in the back. Apparently that's because it was unlicensed by Nintendo. WTF? Why would Nintendo not license such a high-quality, wholesome game?

CaptainCruch

Re: Bee 52 (NES)

Postby CaptainCruch » March 25th, 2023, 12:24 pm

If you like bees, also check out Pinobee: Wings of Adventure (GBA) and Bee Simulator (Switch/PS4).

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » March 25th, 2023, 2:36 pm

I snagged this one at a convention a few years back, just from the sight of it- the cartridge and title seemed interesting, and it was pretty cheap. But I had never heard of it before.

I played a few levels at home, and remember being pretty impressed by it- at least considering my very low expectations.

And I’m not sure if every unlicensed game means that Nintendo rejected it. The developer/publisher may have just chosen to skip the licensing process for whatever reason.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » March 25th, 2023, 3:55 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:If you like bees, also check out Pinobee: Wings of Adventure (GBA) and Bee Simulator (Switch/PS4).

My favorite bee game is Apidya on the Amiga.

Retro STrife wrote:And I’m not sure if every unlicensed game means that Nintendo rejected it. The developer/publisher may have just chosen to skip the licensing process for whatever reason.

The companies behind it, Camerica and Codemasters, also made the Game Genie and the Aladdin Deck Enhancer. They had no reason to bother, and Nintendo probably would have refused to license their software anyway.

Return to “Now Playing”