Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (Sega Master System)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (Sega Master System)

Postby Herschie » June 7th, 2023, 10:30 pm

How many dead babies does it take to make a video game? I'm serious! One of the enemies in this game is a rolling baby head! How creepy is that? What's more is this is just after I fed and changed my newborn son! It's a good thing I was in grade school by the time this came out!

I can't say the guy farting bubbles out of his shaking bare butt is anything I prefer to see!

Am I kidding? I'm afraid not! This game is bizarre!

The first thing you notice is how colorful the first stage is. Bright pinks and blues! You'll be reaching for the remote to turn down the contrast (Or in my case, the dial, since I was using a Toshiba CRT manufactured in 1980). Can't play video games when you're blind! But then again you can't see some of the horrific enemies in this game, so perhaps there's a tradeoff.

Other stages include a high-tech factory, Halloweenland, and underwater. The thing of it is, the control isn't bad, though there are a few cheap-shots to be had. Overall, I had fun playing, but this game is more weird and awkward than I was when I was trying to talk to girls when I was in 8th grade! This game doesn't smell quite as bad as I did though. Fortunately you can't smell that guy's bare butt.

lynchie137

Re: Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (Sega Master System)

Postby lynchie137 » June 15th, 2023, 2:45 am

The most off putting thing about this game? The blood curdling scream Alex Kidd lets out whenever anything hits him. It sounds like our hero is being tortured. But other than that and the general weirdness of it, the game itself is okay. To me, it plays a lot like Adventure island, minus the fruits and eggplants and plus the influence of powerful hallucinogenic substances. And of course the butts......

Return to “Now Playing”