Wreckfest (PS5)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Wreckfest (PS5)

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 27th, 2024, 3:26 pm

Who recommended this to me? It is awesome! You have normal races on back roads with cars banging into each other for position, and straight-up crash-up-derbies where you try to be the last car "standing". It's wild! Kind of reminds me of the Forza Horizon games, except less serious and more fun.

The only thing missing is a split-screen mode. Another casualty of the online revolution I guess.

It's a shame because now that we finally have the big TVs and enough processing to power split-screen games, publishers stopped making them as a financial decision. So if you want to play your buddy you'll have to go home first.

Quick_Man

Re: Wreckfest (PS5)

Postby Quick_Man » February 27th, 2024, 8:36 pm

Me and DaHeckIsDat, I believe. I absolutely love the combination of realistic car physics with arcade fun and chaos. I think it's an A tier game, B+ at the least. The highlights are definitely the big arena races with the crossovers where cars will inevitably T-bone each other. It's almost hard to choose whether to focus more on winning races or more on just causing the most spectacular crashes, so it's smart of the game to have both objectives as seperate modes.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 27th, 2024, 9:05 pm

Have you done the couch race yet? Can't get much more redneck than souping up your living room furniture and driving it to the racetrack!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 27th, 2024, 9:39 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Have you done the couch race yet? Can't get much more redneck than souping up your living room furniture and driving it to the racetrack!

Are you telling me they couldn't include a couch co-op mode, yet they literally have a couch racing mode?! There is no justice in this world. NONE!

Return to “Now Playing”