Princess Peach Showtime

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Den

Princess Peach Showtime

Postby Den » June 21st, 2024, 2:21 pm

I was hoping this game would defy my expectations, but it hasn't -- it has an outstanding concept and the presentation is perfect, but it's just not very fun for the most part.

I love the idea of going into different theaters and playing a role, which means the gameplay is wildly different in every stage. And the way everything in every level is a stage prop looks cool. But the control feels inexact, and it's very easy.

It's also frustrating that the many, many small cutscenes scattered throughout each level can't be skipped. Even worse, there are some collectibles that, if you miss them, you can't go back to get them and have to start the level over.

Thoughts?

Voor

Re: Princess Peach Showtime

Postby Voor » June 22nd, 2024, 7:16 pm

Certainly marketed as a kids game, the unskippable cutscenes always drives me wild.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » June 22nd, 2024, 9:28 pm

With a 4 year old daughter, I thought this might be a fun one for us to try. I downloaded the demo, but wasn’t impressed enough with it to go any further. Nice to see Princess Peach get her own game though.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 22nd, 2024, 10:18 pm

My daughter, 8, and I have it. There are parts to it that are fun, but for some reason she really got stressed out on a few of the levels.

We made it about 2/3 through it before moving on to something else.

I've brought it up a couple of times but she's not interested in trying again. Maybe, it's too hard for her?

I kind of dug the art style. It's no Mario Kart but it's not bad. If you can get it on sale give it a shot if only for the variety of play styles.

Return to “Now Playing”