Robocop Vs. Terminator (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 8th, 2013, 8:23 pm

I just started reviewing Robocop Vs. Terminator (Genesis), and I am astounded by how good it is.  The graphics are top notch, and the city skyline in the first stage is gorgeous.  Tight controls and brutal violence add to the fun.  I'll be reviewing the SNES version also.

Burk1

Postby Burk1 » March 10th, 2013, 4:28 am

I actually played this for the first time this year,and I also really enjoyed it.I was a little surprised at how quickly you get your first showdown with a terminator. I assumed that they would have held him for a more epic battle than the first stage. But yes the graphics are nice,and I love the blood stains left on the curtains of the snipers windows.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 10th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Just started playing the SNES version, and it's much different.  It's slower with more emphasis on platforming than shooting.  Also, the violence has been toned down considerably.

porynog1

Postby porynog1 » March 11th, 2013, 10:43 am

I actually just got the Game Gear version a few days ago and it's also pretty good

Ikaris1

Postby Ikaris1 » March 11th, 2013, 11:19 am

I have GREAT memories about Robocop vs Terminator: it was one of the 7-8 Genesis games I enjoyed the most. The feeling of power of the Plasma-gun was matched only by the feeling of peril and impotency that you received when losing a life and remaining with only a simple gun against some huge boss... good times.
I remember that I used to consider the difficulty-level (the default one I suppose...) just perfect: tough, but never impossible nor unfair.

Return to “Now Playing”