Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 27th, 2014, 6:50 pm

The opening prologue of this game makes absolutely no sense, but the first stage is non-stop thrill ride that left me breathless.  I forgot how insanely over the top the first Bayonetta was.  I have to admit the arcade style and eye candy take me back to the Dreamcast era.

A second disc containing the first Bayonetta game is also included!  That is just fantastic.  In this day and age, you'll expect it just to be a download code, but no, they took the high road.

Wallyworld1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby Wallyworld1 » October 28th, 2014, 1:07 am

This game is on my to buy list. I didn't know it came with the first Bayonetta that is really sweet. Wii U is doing so much the right way when it comes to collecting games. I bet when the next generation of consoles rolls around people will appreciate the Wii U far more than the other systems. Lets see how much that copy of Titanfall for the Xbox One is worth in 5 years from now compared to Mario Kart 8.

Wii U is such an unappreciated gem.  I will continue to buy every major release for the Wii U as long as the console is around.

~Wallyworld

Rev1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby Rev1 » October 28th, 2014, 2:09 am

I don't normally buy games at full price but this is one I'll be picking up really soon. It just looks so good and I've heard nothing but great things about it. I can't wait for your review.

Weekend_Warrior1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » October 28th, 2014, 4:39 am

@ Wallyworld 

At least the the Xbox One will still be around in 5 years. Unlike the Wii U. [tongue] 

Oltobaz1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby Oltobaz1 » October 28th, 2014, 6:13 am

I didn't know the first game was available as well. Good deal, even though I couldn't stomach the aesthetics back when
it came out. I suppose the game looks and plays at least as good as on the 360, the PS3 version being a mess.

Tron1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby Tron1 » October 28th, 2014, 11:07 am

[QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior]@ Wallyworld 

At least the the Xbox One will still be around in 5 years. Unlike the Wii U. [tongue] 
[/QUOTE]

It stings, because it makes sense. In general gamecube games are worth more and are harder to obtain than ps2, yet ps2 killed the gamecube in sales. Turbografyx couldn't even compete with SNES and genesis, but now cost a fortune. I suspect that the Wii u will some day make a fine retro console while the xbone will be undesirable. Nintendo knows how to make a system with long term value. If only they could get a bigger market share in the here & now.

Nice to hear how the original bayonet ya is included on disc. Dang spell check all forget it.

Vexer1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby Vexer1 » October 28th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Yeah somehow I highly doubt the Xbox One will be "undesireable".

TheBlueGuy1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby TheBlueGuy1 » October 28th, 2014, 3:07 pm

BLUEGUY IS BACK EVERYONE!!!!

....Anyways how does this game compare to the first Bayonetta? I'm intrigued.

Astrosmasher1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby Astrosmasher1 » October 28th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Remember to get the deluxe version which includes the first game.  The standard and somewhat cheaper version does not include it.  I was wondering when people were going to get on this game.  Now here we are sweet.  Enjoy make me jealous that I do not have one please ...

Gilly1

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Postby Gilly1 » October 28th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Critic, I'm curious if you can compare the original Bayonetta disc to the 360 version since you have both. I here the Wii U version is an "enhanced" version of the 360 build but I don't know what that means.

Return to “Now Playing”